Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2013

a really big dress wobble thats not going away :(

kayzz, 17 October, 2012 at 20:32 Posted on Planning 0 14

So i got my dress in march from berketex on their payment plan and im about halfway now so the dress hasnt been ordered yet however im really not sure on it anymore! First reason being the OH has already made his feelings clear on big dresses and its not good, second a girl on my facebook recently got married in the same dress so it takes the shine off mine i really like being unique

So anyway does anyone know if i can still change my dress with berketex or am i stuck with it? doesnt say anything on my contract thing i got off them

14 replies

Latest activity by Debs12xx, 18 October, 2012 at 14:50
  • D
    Beginner October 2013
    Debs12xx ·
    • Hide content

If it hasn't been ordered yet could you tell them you've changed your mind? Even if you can't get your money back you can choose another dress from their shop? x

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kayzz ·
    • Hide content

Im hoping thats what they would say but im too scared too phone and ask the actual shop because if they say no il be devastated! Ive emailed the head office but they tell me to phone the store so not much help

• D
    Beginner October 2013
    Debs12xx ·
    • Hide content

I honestly don't see why they wouldn't let you change your mind, they haven't ordered anything yet so it's no skin off their nose. Don't panic, just ring them and then go down x

Which dress is it?

• Y
    Beginner November 2012
    yorkshirecat1981 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know much about Berketex, but if they won't let you change the dress maybe you can customise it? You can usually add corsages, broches, bows, straps etc and that can totally change the look of a dress. Even if Berketex won't do it for you a decent dress maker should be able to alter it for you to how you want it!

I am of the opinion though that a dress looks totally different on different people anyway, so if you still love it as it is, stick with it!!

Do you have a flash of your dress?

x

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kayzz ·
    • Hide content

Im considering customising it, this is it

its not so much that he doesnt like big dresses(this is far far too big for him, anything more than a-line is too big) its more the fact someone we know has already wore it

• D
    Beginner October 2013
    Debs12xx ·
    • Hide content

Aww Kayzz, I think that dress is lovely. I can't get away with dresses like that but I do love them. What about if you got them to remove the drapd bit and add something else? Or not so much bling at the top or keep the same amount and have it going straight across instead of at an angle? That way it won't be the same as the one someone else wore? I think it's lovely as it is though!

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kayzz ·
    • Hide content

I know the OH is imagining me in a fishtail gown but im top heavy and i just looked ridiculous, this dress balanced me out more

Could they make the neckline sweetheart maybe? Or add straps?

The bling and beads are silver in this one but mine will all be white thing is the other girl had hers white too so i suppose i could have them silver but i had my heart set on white

• D
    Beginner October 2013
    Debs12xx ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure they can do most things with a dress. If I were you I really wouldn't worry about the other girl who wore it, it will look different on you to her anyway x

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kayzz ·
    • Hide content

I know it just takes the shine off mine a bit! She even had her hair the way i wanted mine if i was wearing it up lol ad we do look similar too

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Have you phoned the shop yet?

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

Agree with Kharv, you need to phone the shop.

Talk to them about possibly changing the dress, but I would go and try it on again. if you love it, then talk to them about customising it.

x

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kayzz ·
    • Hide content

Just off the phone to them i cant change the dress its already on order but i can customise it so ive to go back in on the 31st of this month and try it on again she did say no dress looks the same on any 2 woman but im definitely going to try and customise it up a bit

• Nicola_84uk
    Beginner October 2013
    Nicola_84uk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really is lovely and like the lady in the shop said "no dress looks the same on any 2 women". I'm sure you will feel much better when you customise it. Your OH will think you look gorgeous and probably won't even remember saying he doesn't like big dresses. Chin up and try not to worry ?

• D
    Beginner October 2013
    Debs12xx ·
    • Hide content

Good news about being able to customise it! I think you will just love it all over again though when you try it on. Try not to worry about it, one way or another it will look how you want it to x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics