Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner June 2019

A very feminine and a tomboy bridesmaid - how to co-ordinate?!

HappyGoldDecor15657, 30 of January of 2018 at 14:41 Posted on Planning 0 3

So my sister, cousin and my best friend are to be my three bridesmaids.

My friend and cousin are both very feminine - they're both about a size 6, dancers, love having their hair done etc... you know the sort. My sister on the other hand is a tomboy, doesn't like make-up, and is already insisting she will not be wearing a dress.

The thing is, I just want her to be comfortable and happy. I know she'll wear whatever I ask her to in the end, but I don't want to force her into anything - and I'm really not the sort to get caught up on what she's wearing!

The thing is, if she had her way, she'd turn up in a t-shirt and jeans. I want to say 'wear whatever you want' - but I know when she's older (she's a VERY young 16 year old at the minute) she'll hate to see herself standing out in the photos.

What can I buy her that will match two very floaty, feminine bridesmaids dresses? Preferably not a suit because that's going too far the other way!

I don't have a set colour scheme yet but I imagine it'll be pale pinks, woody colours, greens - that sort of thing.

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Montysmum, 3 of February of 2018 at 12:53
  • E
    Beginner August 2019
    ExpensivePurpleCars47773 ·
    • Hide content

How about a smart t-shirt/vest top and culottes? Hopefully she'll be comfortable as it's not too far from her usual style?

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Take her shopping and see what kind of things she doesn't mind wearing, look for the kind of style she's ok with in the right colour then get the other two girls either matching dresses in the same colour or get three completely different dresses in the same colour. A suit isn't the only other choice, the are some really nice trouser and top combinations that you could get in the same colour as the dresses or even a jumpsuit, then she won't stand out. These aren't in your colours but like this.

• N
    Beginner May 2019
    Northerngirl ·
    • Hide content

What about a floaty jump suit in the same colour/material as your bridesmaids dresses! She may not mind that.

• Montysmum
    Beginner March 2018
    Montysmum ·
    • Hide content

Jumpsuit?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics