Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little Madam
Beginner

A very sweet gesture from my step dad....

Little Madam, 5 July, 2010 at 11:57 Posted on Planning 0 11

I know that wedding planning isn't always the fairytale it's made out to be but I had a lovely gesture from my stepdad at the weekend so I thought i'd share and it might make a "smile ripple" Smiley smile

I was in my room, very stressed following an argument with H2B over money but you know when everything gets on top of you, was stressing about the venue and my dress? My OH had been out drinking the previous night, when he said he wouldn't, spent £80 on a cab as he missed their ride home and then LOST his car keys - for his new car, which mean the spare was also on the keyring and then as he couldn't get into his room to charge his phone - didn't call till 3pm by whcich time me and his mom were very worried. I phoned Fiat to replace the key and was told the bill would be £1,000!! - thankfully one of his friends had them - I didn't ask why as I didn't care as long as they are back, and I have now sorted the dress and venue stresses.)

...anyway back to the story..

...my stepdad came into my room, sat on my bed for a heart to heart but just told me he wanted to pay for my wedding car and my bridal boquets and buttonholes!

I was very happy and appreciated it so much.

11 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 8 July, 2010 at 21:52
  • Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Awww that's lovely, such a nice gesture as you said. I bet it mean't more due to the rubbish day you had ? x

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Thats very sweet!

I bet thats a weight off your shoulder!

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a row with your H2B, and hope its all sorted now

x

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

Awwww! Bless him, how lovely ?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I know - I didn't expect it at all either as mom was paying for my dress etc... Although thinking about it I can see why - mom has been "putting money aside" for my wedding dress since I was 15, and before she met my step dad.. I just saw them as one and considered the gift to come from both, but pleasently suprised.

And yep me and H2B all OK now the keys have been found! Smiley smile

• MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

Thats really sweet and a nice surprise after your H2B being a numpty...

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Yep he sure was a numpty - and he knows! lol

Still, no real damage done this time... And he has learned a valuable lesson and removed the spare key from the key ring (Like I asked him to weeks ago)! Smiley smile

• KatieInWonderland
    Beginner June 2011
    KatieInWonderland ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Men... they can't just do something when you ask them. noooooooooooooooo they have to learn the hard way lol

x

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

He sure does - but it's just something else which makes him endearing!

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

Aww hun, sorry you were having a mare.

How sweet was that! lovely.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I know - bless him, he is good.

Have decided I am going to ask him to sign the register on my behalf - my dad is giving me away and I dont feel it's right for my stepdad to be involved in walking me down the aisle.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

awww thats a very nice gesture! Smiley smile Hope you got everything sorted ok with the OH! Men...can't live with them...can't live without them either! I love my OH so much...but he knows that I dont always like him! lol

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Haha thats what I tell OH - I will always love him, just sometimes he drives me mad.

OH has said sorry and is working hard on the wedding things he was putting off to make up for it..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics