Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner November 2012

A very unenthusiastic bridesmaid

xxFutureMrsGriffithsxx, 15 March, 2012 at 15:45 Posted on Planning 0 6

It may just be me being sensitive, but my chief bm (she is pregnant so this is why im wondering if im just reading too much into it) is totally unenthusiastic about my wedding. I get its just one day, and everyone has their own lives to get on with, but she doesnt ask how my plans are. When I do mention it I apparently "go on" She's been my best friend since I was 14 (Im 26 now) so why cant she be happy for me? My hubby2b says I should just sack her as bridesmaid but thats harsh x

6 replies

Latest activity by xxFutureMrsGriffithsxx, 15 March, 2012 at 20:47
  • S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

How far along is she? Also, and dont take this the wrong way, when you see her or talk to her, do you ask how the pregnancy is going if she is ok etc? she may be feeling "left out" in a way as if everything is just all wedding talk and nothing pregnancy related she may be a little hormonal (which happens in pregnancy)

It does sound like its pregnancy related though and I wouldnt worry too much, just maybe try asking how the pregnancy is going and having a bit of a chat about her for a while Smiley smile

she will probably enjoy that and be thankful someone is taking notice Smiley smile

• X
    Beginner November 2012
    xxFutureMrsGriffithsxx ·
    • Hide content

I do ask how bump is. And as bump is a boy I asked when she's free so we can shop for blue stuff Smiley smile She's due in May x

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Ah great, yes going shopping with her for blue stuff is a great idea, i'd also pop her a little "mum" basket together with some stuff for her when the baby is born (but you may be doing that already lol). She is nearing the end now and will have likely reached the "i've had enough now, I want this over with" stage, so is bored or fed up of being pregnant, nothing can be done at that stage really (been there! ) just trying to encourage her to do stuff and maybe trying to get her excited about having bump no more but a baby instead Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

I think sacking her might be a bit harsh. Sounds like she's got a lot going on at the moment. When is your wedding? Is there plenty of time after her boy is born for her to settle into being a mum and be able to give your wedding a bit more attention?

I've got 4 bridesmaids, 2 are always asking about the wedding and the other 2 don't ask so much. I'm not reading anything into it, at the end of the day I want them all there with me on the day and that's the main thing.

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    lozenger ·
    • Hide content

Aw, I think you are being a little unfair on the girl, she's only 2 months away from giving birth. I can't believe anyone would consider sacking someone they don't feel is asking about their plans enough when she has so much to think about herself. Especially if she thinks you are already 'going on'. Perhaps she is a bit worried about fitting into dress, how she will manage being CBM & a mum etc... When is wedding?

• X
    Beginner November 2012
    xxFutureMrsGriffithsxx ·
    • Hide content

Woah i never said I would sack her, i said it was suggested to me x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics