Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2012

AARGH!! Anyone know of a rustic cheap wedding venue in West Midlands / Sutton Coldfield

seth0571, 12 January, 2011 at 21:06 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi All

I'm looking for a venue within West Midlands pref Sutton Coldfield area for a rustic style country wedding. We would like somewhere that is cheapish but that (being the control freak I am) we can decorate to an individual antique country style appeal. The idea is to get hitched late arvo with a buffet / hog roast for evening. Not really into sit down meals so really struggling to find anywhere suitable. The wedding isn;t until next year but as I say i'm a complete control freak!!! I've had a look at the crooked house which appeals to our quirky style so if anyone has any experience would be very grateful as tearing my hair out.

Thanks

Sarahxx

3 replies

Latest activity by RebeccaC, 8 January, 2012 at 21:25
  • J
    Beginner January 2011
    jenniferjones ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

Have you looked at The Avoncroft Museum in Bromsgrove? It's got a beautiful barn for your ceremony/reception and loads of really nice spots for photographs. From what I remember the venue hire was roughly £1500 and they have a selection of caterers to choose from. They also offer a vintage high tea with all the china etc. See what you think - http://www.avoncroft.org.uk/hospitality/weddings/

Hope this helps!

Jen

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you work there by any chance? This thread is a year old.

• J
    Beginner January 2011
    jenniferjones ·
    • Hide content

No I looked at it for my wedding and I've only just realised it was written last year not this year!! Still adjusting to the fact it's 2012 clearly...

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Someone I work with got married here:

https://wedding-venues.co.uk/

I don;t really know anything about it. Might be worth phoning and having a look around. It's near Lichfield and it looks like it has a lovely rustic feel.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics