Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Twigz22
Beginner July 2017

Abroad wedding for very small number of guests...

Twigz22, 8 of June of 2016 at 20:16 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

H2B and I have recently realised we can not afford to get married where we live, it's heartbreaking but it's far too expensive for the amount of people we would have to invite, so we have decided to look abroad.

We have a budget of 7000 and hoping to get married in next 2 years (the quicker the better)

The websites we are looking at seem to revolve around 10+ people but sadly we can't afford to pay for that many to attend and sadly some can't afford to pay so we are thinking of only having parents and maybe my brother - total 7-8.

i really want to try and get some of the wedding I've dreamed of with the pretty white dress at least, can anyone suggest any potential locations to look into which might accommodate this and preferably- reasonably priced.

sadly, we dont have the luck of having my parents paying so we are doing this all by ourselves.

2 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 10 of June of 2016 at 18:10
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

We got married in lapland last winter and I will say getting married abroad is the way to go! If your looking to pay for people to attend your budget will be eaten by that alone! We gave two years notice for guests to save and were surprised to have 15 people attend (especially as it was a cold destination!) we only invited immediate family and close friends. Our budget was a bit bigger but we also went away over new year which hiked the cost. If you don't have teachers/ children on the guest list I would advise going before the official holidays. if not I would look at april as opposed to August to lower your costs. Europe will reduce the cost holiday wise and some airlines offer discounts for group bookings so may be worth getting everyone to book through you. I would start with figuring out what type of wedding you want, I wanted winter wonderland so lapland was the obvious choice for us. If you want chateu/villa Italy or France are ideal, beach I would look at Greece. Make sure you check how long you need to be in a country before you can legally get married there too. Enjoy planning!

• L
    Beginner August 2017
    LuxuriousIvoryConfetti593 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

We are getting married in Lindos in Rhodes next year. It is stunning- think mamma mia.

You can have as big or as small of a wedding here to suit pretty much any budget.

We have used Lindos Weddings, really recommend them

xxx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I'm another Lapland bride and agree paying for your guests travel and accommodation soon would add up on your budget. You could consider giving as much notice as possible so people can pay for their own and make a holiday of it. Alternatively consider somewhere which has cheap flights and isn't too far away so people can have a mini break if they prefer. Possibly book a large villa do people have accommodation provided but pay for their own flights?

Some places hold wedding services but it isn't legal and you would need to do the legal bit before or after at a registry office in the uk. I'm sure Spain isn't legal.

At La Mata Hpwever the Mississippi Queen is a lovely place and is available to book for wedding receptions. I eat there a lot. It's a beautiful paddle steamer converted. In the trees with views down to the beach. Find them on Facebook or google. You can probably have some sort of wedding service on the top deck too. Flights to Alicante only take just over 2 hours and Ryan Air or Easy Jet usually cheap.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics