Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner April 2017

Abroad Wedding Ideas

Bettsy2610, 4 of August of 2015 at 17:44 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 7

Hi Everyone

Me and my H2B have decided we want to get married abroad, however the destination is undecided.
We like the look of Santorini, In Greece, and have contacted a few planners for prices etc. We have also looked at Mallorca in Spain, and also Ibiza, however we aren't to keen on the idea of having to get married at a registry office prior the trip, but we wouldn't rule it out as I am aware that most countries only allow blessings for non residence.

I was just wondering have any of you ladies had your wedding in any of these places? and if so have you got any recommendations of places/planners as I am a little bit overwhelmed with the searching.

Thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by Neil Walker Photography, 30 of November of 2015 at 16:48
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi good luck with finding what you want, I'm marrying in January in an ice chapel in lapland.

a lot of brides use a planner called sun and snow weddings and as well as lapland they do greece. They always seem to get great reviews so might be worth you checking them out.

X

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I was about to recommend sun& snow weddings too as she does summer weddings in Greece and winter in lapland she has taken all stress out of ours

• K
    Beginner March 2016
    kristinabee ·
    • Hide content

We will have wedding on Greece too. But still more than month remaining Smiley smile.

• Diane - Santorini 2016
    Beginner September 2016
    Diane - Santorini 2016 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in Santorini in Sept 2016. I've been to a few greek islands and this, to me, seems the most beautiful. At first I thought it would be hard work but now we have a wedding planner it seems to be quite simple.
  • M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrKeefe310815 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Betsy,

My wife and I just got married in Cap Rocat in Mallorca. it was amazing. We planned everything ourselves. We did have to do the legal bit in the UK first but we did that the week before we left for Mallorca. We live in West Sussex and we therefore found the smallest registry office in the county that had enough room for the two of us and a couple of friends who were witnesses. we went in t-shirt and jeans and then went back to work afterwards so as not to make a big thing about it. We also didn't tell anyone else other than our two friends who were witnesses so when the big day came it was exactly that, our big day. Our anniversary will be celebrated on the day we got married in Mallorca and we will not celebrate the registry office day at all. My wife like you had concerns that it would not feel the same come Mallorca, but by the time the big day the registry office did not cross our minds one bit.

I have a long post i have written about our whole experience of having a wedding in Mallorca that is waiting to be approved. once it is I will direct you to it. It is very long though so I do wonder if they will post it or not. If you do not hear from me, please feel free to chase me and I will forward you the post as it has all the details of all the suppliers we used along with all the little details that came up along the way that you may not have thought about initially. The reason I wrote it is because about 18 months ago we are where you are now and we found it quite hard to find everything we needed.

Good luck

Adam x

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrKeefe310815 ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/513845.aspx

A link to the post mentioned which has now been approved. Apologies for the length but wanted to get all the detail in.

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    LuxuriousGoldHair131 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I got married in Santorini this year We had a wedding planner and our wedding was just perfect. May be you have already mad your decisions but if not it is worth contacting my wedding planner to get a price. The contact person is Olympia and the site is Marryme in Greece www.marryme.com.gr .

We will never forget that day

Good luck to you

• Neil Walker Photography
    Neil Walker Photography ·
    • Hide content

I've shot lots of weddings abroad, but by far my favourites have been in Italy.

If you're interested in Italy I would suggest you try http://www.theitalianweddingplanner.com/ , I've worked with her on lots of occasions & she's been great.

I shot a wedding she recommended me for in Cison & she arranged the local Fiat 500 club to ferry everyone around from the ceremony to the venue in their vintage Fiat 500's ?, It was absolutely fantastic. In every town & village we went through everyone was cheering & waving! Lots of fun & made for great photos ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics