Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2025 East Riding of Yorkshire

Accommodation Wording

Abigail, 31 July, 2023 at 23:46 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3
HELP PLEASE!

Just wanted some help on the wording of my invites, there are 31 rooms in the venue we’re getting married in, however we have some guests traveling long distances and a lot of family which we have reserved the rooms for. (We only have 5 in allocated at the moment)

How do I say that we’ve reserved rooms for guests already but if people want to stay to let me know and if a room becomes available we will let them know?
Without sounding like they got the short straw?

3 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 2 August, 2023 at 21:38
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would say something like "Limited accommodation at the venue is available for our guests on a first-come-first-served basis. Please let us know if you would like to reserve a room."

I think that most people will realise family & wedding party take priority. There's no need to spell out that you have already earmarked most of the rooms for family. If all the spare rooms end up allocated, just tell anyone else who inquires that they either need to look elsewhere or that you can add them to a waiting list in case someone has to drop out.

• A
    Beginner July 2025 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you xx
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Personally I’d let those you need closer know of true Accomodation first and then provide a list of alternative a little bit later once the place has been booked so it’s not an option anyway x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics