Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner November 2015

Adding a lace trim to dress

Bridally, 3 of August of 2015 at 11:34 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi ladies!!

Getting married this November and so my beautiful dress should be coming into the shop in around a months’ time. One slight issue I have is my height. It’s just about right for me. I tried it with tiny heels – 1 ½ - 2 inch heels in the shop and I’d say it just about fit length wise but I would have preferred it to be a tiny bit longer.

I’ve found my dream heels and they’re 3 inches. Spoke to the shop and the seamstress has said there’s always something that can be done. Options are adding another layer of tulle underneath –this will create a layering effect. Or adding a lace trim to the bottom - this will be costly as they’ll have to source a similar lace and hand stitch it on and it will have to go all on the train too (which is cathedral length)

So…. Does anyone have any idea how much it could cost to have the lace sourced, bought and stitched on? I’m leaning towards this as I love scalloped edge dresses anyway – but I don’t want to set my heart on it and then be told it’s crazy prices like £500 or something!!

thanks Smiley smile xx

3 replies

Latest activity by Bridally, 5 of August of 2015 at 15:44
  • V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

I'm considering this for my dress too. I was quoted 100 for this but they have the lace in the shop that will match so we don't need to order it in. Will be good to see how much other people have paid for this

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your reply! That's not too bad at all... hmmm I'm thinking I'd pay £200 maybe but wouldn't really want to go over that. The dress is already costing £1400 and that was including discount!

Have you got a train on your dress?

• V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

My dress has a slight train, not a long one. She pinned it on for me so I can see what it would look like with a lace trim and I loved it - it made it my perfect dress! Hopefully she can do that same for you, so you can roughly get an idea of what it might look like X

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

Thanks very much!!

In the end I've decided to just take the plunge and buy flat shoes so I won't need to get the dress lengthened. I may still enquire re the lace trim as I love them. But it isn't a necessity now at least!! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics