Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2014

Adding diamantes/sequins to a wedding dress?

these_days, 11 of May of 2013 at 23:54 Posted on Planning 0 12

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to add a bit of bling in the form of sequins or diamantes to an otherwise plain wedding dress? Obviously not something I'd want to have a DIY go at myself but do you think there are people professionally who would do this and not ruin the dress? What would I google in order to find this?

12 replies

Latest activity by Linda, 5 of November of 2021 at 08:43
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I would have thought a seamstress would do it for you using the bi cone sew on rhinestones. Certainly if anyone offered to glue them on I wouldn't think that would be a good idea though. Your other options could be a sash or a brooch depending on the style of the dress

• T
    Beginner August 2014
    these_days ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - the dress I'm looking at does have a diamante sash going across the middle but I'm not sure I'm very keen on it. It's a tulle ball gown so I just wanted some subtle sparkle added to it but so that it doesn't look cheap! Think I will have to look online and see if I can find any seamstresses that can do this.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Could you post a picture?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Could you post a picture?

• T
    Beginner August 2014
    these_days ·
    • Hide content

• T
    Beginner August 2014
    these_days ·
    • Hide content

It's one of two dresses I'm interested in. The other dress has a beaded upper half and then a big poofy ball gown bottom but I can't get it in my size as it's from a US based website and I appear to be inbetween sizes! So I was thinking perhaps going with this one and just adding some subtle sparkly sequins.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

A freelance seamstress can do the amendments for you Smiley smile

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Definitely.

My friend is paying a seamstress to add them to her dress.

• T
    Beginner August 2014
    these_days ·
    • Hide content

Ok good to know...any ideas roughly to how much this might cost? I don't have a clue!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure how much my friend is paying, but I guess it also depends on how many you're adding.

Maybe budget another £100-200 depending?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Couldn't you get the one you prefer in a size up and have it altered to fit? Don't forget US sizing is completely different

• T
    Beginner August 2014
    these_days ·
    • Hide content

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of having done. The dress has really unusual sizing so I'm currently enquiring with some UK seamstress' to see what they can do...just need to see how much it's all going to cost as have to buy it, pay for import taxes and then get it resized!

The dress above is my second favourite Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics