Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner June 2019

Adding sleeves to a dress

TwistedFairytale, 7 of April of 2018 at 22:19 Posted on Planning 0 1

OK, so I've already bought my dress and I love it. The only thing is that I'm quite insecure about my arms being on display, so I was thinking of buying a bolero to wear with it, but I can't seem to find any that would go with the neckline of the dress or that wouldn't cover up the pattern on it. Does anyone know if it would be possible to get sleeves added to a dress like this? Ideally I'd be looking at tulle or lace 3/4 length sleeves.

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by autumneyes231, 11 of April of 2018 at 20:11
  • M
    Mum-of-bride ·
    • Hide content

My daughter really wanted a dress with sleeves but this has really limited her choice. Most of the bridal shops we have visited have said a sleeve can be added so long as there is a strap/ armhole to work with, so looking at your picture I would think it is possible.

• A
    Beginner November 2018
    autumneyes231 ·
    • Hide content

Well my dress is strapless, but I'm getting married in November AND really dont like my arms haha so I've got a lace bolero that goes over the top of the dress, it looks amazing and I feel much more comftable! So I understand you completely!

I think it would be difficult to add longer sleeves to the existing ones, because of the seam, you would see where material has been added. Also, the exact material might be tricky to get. They could probably cut away the neckline and do something very similar but with longer sleeves though. If they cut the neckline away, you could add a bolero that way aswell.

It's worth taking the dress to a streamstress or the shop you got it, most are very good and will try their ultimate best to get it how you want Smiley smile It's beautiful btw!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics