Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Adding sleeves/straps to a dress?!

15 of February of 2015 at 00:18 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hello ladies Smiley smile

i haven't been dress shopping yet, only been browsing online (need to shift some weight 1st! haha)

Ive seen sooo many beautiful dresses that are all strapless! I dont want a strapless dress, i have huge boobs so need a good strong bra with straps to support me haha, so i need straps/cap sleeves on the dress to hide my bra!

Ive tried looking for dresses with sleeves but they just aren't as nice as the strapless ones!

anyway....has anyone had sleeves/straps/etc added to their dresses?

i have heard you can get it done, but obviously there are limitations depending on the style up top.

example below:

it seems as though the back is very low on these style of dresses, so im not feeling very confident that anything could be added Smiley sad

i know its best to ask in store about it but just wondered if anyone had any experience with this issue?!

7 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousIvoryConfetti247, 15 of February of 2015 at 17:38
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

My best friend had straps added to her dress, they put bra style clips on each end and we just clipped them onto the dress on the day. Let the shops know its what you're thinking and ask if a seamstress will be there when you go and try on so you can get a professional opinion. You might find you don't need them though, a corset dress does wonders!

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Future*mrsP ·
    • Hide content

I'm having straps added to mine. Its a sweetheart neckline and corset back, but not as low at the back as the one in your pic. Plan is for tulle kind of gathered cap sleeve type thing, rather than a narrow strap as i think a narrow one would dig in to my shoulder due to the weight of the dress. Both shops i tried on dresses on in said don't restrict yourself to styles with sleeves/straps as they can be added to pretty much anything.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I asked the same thing when dress shopping. They said they could order the extra strap material with the dress. You might be surprised how supportive the corsetry can be, so once on, you might not even need a bra. Depending on the style of strap you want, I was told they often fit better on a sweetheart neckline. My dress came with detachable straps like these:

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Mine is a strapless dress. Originally I didn't want that either as I also feel like I have to wear a bra. I definitely didn't want one with a super low back. I took a strapless bra to my appointment and you couldn't see it at all, so that's what I am planning to do for the wedding: a strapless bra to get me some support, but mainly to give me confidence and make me feel more secure. Many dresses are already very supportive on their own. I believe there are also some bras that can be worn with a lower back dress. The bra I wore is an old Victoria's a Secret bra but I am definitely getting a new one for the wedding. I am also considering wearing a bolero with the dress if I can find one that looks nice and won't be too hot (wedding in August).

Mine is this one (you can see the back in the mirror)

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    LuxuriousIvoryConfetti247 ·
    • Hide content

WOW that dress is stunning! I tried on some similar ones to those!

Some dresses come with removable straps so keep an eye out for those too.... I'm sure you'd be able to get them added though

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics