Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner September 2013

Adding straps to dress

NC53, 25 of August of 2013 at 07:56 Posted on Planning 0 4

Does anyone have any experience adding straps to a strapless wedding dress?

My dress was ordered in October and is waiting at the shop for my final fitting.. I'm regretting not getting a dress with straps now big time!!

Its got a sweetheart neck with a lace overlay. Would it be possible to have straps added!?

4 replies

Latest activity by F&GBride, 25 of August of 2013 at 14:34
  • Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I would imagine you can. Seamstresses can do amazing things. I never wanted strapless so had halter straps added to mine. Cost about £25.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I don't see why not. Seamstresses can do almost anything.

Have a look in to what kind of sleeves you want and then go in to the shop an show them. Even if their seamstress can't do it there will be one who can.

• T
    Beginner August 2014
    these_days ·
    • Hide content

I'm having cap sleeves added to mine. I asked the seamstress and she didn't bat an eyelid, made it seem like it was the easiest task in the world!

• N
    Beginner September 2013
    NC53 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all.. Worth asking them! I'm just slightly worried because I'm only a month away from the wedding ha Smiley smile x

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

My friend had cap sleeves made for a lacy strapless dress from the material that they took off the bottom when altering the length. You'd never know they weren't there the whole time. Most shops also seem to have straps that they can order in and sew on - though not sure how long that would take. I'm sure it's do-able somehow. Good luck with it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics