Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joanne
Beginner May 2025 Bristol

Adequate food provision

Joanne, 19 of February of 2022 at 08:10 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Please could I have thoughts on if I’m providing enough food for the day and any suggestions.

Our Ceremony is at 3pm, followed by canapés & drinks at 4:30. Remainder of our guests are joining us at 6 for a cold fork Buffett and dessert.

Should I provide food or nibbles later in evening along with our Wedding cake? Reception finishes 10:30

5 replies

Latest activity by xkimx007, 21 of February of 2022 at 22:24
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    If you are having a sit down meal at 4.30 them you can do buffet at about 8.30 - 9. cater for 80% of your total eve guests as your day guests won't need to eat a huge amount following the meal. We have 110 in the eve (50) of which wil have had the meal earlier so we are providing 85 portions of evening food.
  • Joanne
    Joanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Our meal isn’t until 6 and quite a few guests will be leaving earlier as have young children which will help work out possible numbers left.
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    I think if you are feeding everyone at 6 and the reception ends at 10:30 then you don’t need to do any proper food later. If you want to do nibbles, people will probably eat them but i don’t think you have to do anything (besides cake).
  • Joanne
    Joanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that’s what we will do. Thank you
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

We are providing some evening food but that will be at 10 o'clock as the reception goes on until 12am. If yours is finishing at 10.30pm (realistically only 3 and half hours after they have finished eating the buffet) I think just the cake will suffice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics