Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ella
Beginner March 2024 East Sussex

Advice!!

Ella, 13 of December of 2022 at 16:56 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 1
I don’t know if I’m being over dramatic or what.
One of my bridesmaids is now refusing to talk to me properly, all because I came off my birth control as it really affecting my body after being on and off all different types since I was 14 (I’m now 20)

She says I’m being stupid and selfish if I end up being pregnant for my weddingI say what will be will be.My wedding isn’t until March 2024.She also doesn’t like the fact I chose my sister in law to be my maid of honour!
I don’t know if it’s worth having her there if she has nothing nice to sayPlease help

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 13 of December of 2022 at 20:59
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Why is it even her business what contraception you use?!! Loads of people use other methods without automatically getting pregnant, and even if you did get pregnant, if you are happy with that, then it's no one else's business.

Is this behaviour seriously out of character? I'm assuming if you are only 20, then your bridesmaid is also fairly young, but even so, she sounds very immature and childish, assuming she is anywhere near your own age! The only thing I'm wondering is if she is feeling threatened by the changes in your life, maybe worried that your marriage will spoil/alter your friendship and perhaps scared that you having a baby will change things even more. (She may also be envious if she wants to marry but is either single or dating someone who doesn't want to get engaged yet)

If she has a history of this kind of behaviour, then I'd drop her from the wedding. But if she's always been a good friend in other ways, then I think the time has come to have a serious talk with her. Part of being a good friend is calling out our mates when their behaviour is going off the rails. Let her know that you still love her and value her friendship, but you are not going to tolerate this kind of treatment.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics