Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner January 2020

Advice?

ThatsSoSasha, 29 of July of 2019 at 11:59 Posted on Planning 0 1

My Fiance and i have been engaged for 3 years and are getting married in January.

His sister got engaged shortly after us, has since had 2 children. We booked our wedding and let everyone aware over 18 months in advanced. The wedding is 5 months away, the date is the day we got together so is significant to us. However his sister who had her second child about a month ago just announced she will be getting married a few weeks after us.

I know I'm going to sound petty but I feel like she's stealing our thunder a bit? Her reasoning is wedding costs are cheaper earlier in the year, but the package she's chosen is the same price until the end of April so could she not have pushed it back a few months atleast?

I just feel it's a bit rude aswell because when we bring up our wedding to his&her family she takes it over and starts talking about hers? I'm just a bit taken aback to be honest as it's been a long planning process for us, not many people have been that invested as it's been so far away, but now we're in the final 6 months his family have been really involved with the planning but now she's literally swooped in and is getting all of the attention.

She's also told my fiance she plans on getting ME to do her makeup on the day etc.

Am I over reacting? Or is she being rude?

Thanks,

1 replies

Latest activity by Weddingbee123, 2 of August of 2019 at 11:45
  • W
    Beginner June 2020
    Weddingbee123 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on upcoming wedding first of all!! :-)

hmmm... it’s hard because part of me gets why you are irritated by her booking it so close to yours, especially when they have known for ages ... how many weeks exactly is it after yours? but I also understand that the other couple should get to choose which ever date they want. I also understand it must be hard when you just want the attention on you guys and suddenly it’s about the other couple. If it was me I wouldn’t say anything to anyone about it annoying you...I would keep silent and maybe you could try and use it to your advantage? She will understand all the joys and stresses of planning a wedding so at least you have that in common :-) also on the day I bet you won’t even care because everyone will be looking at you and the groom :-) regarding makeup on her wedding day... are you a makeup artist? I would say you definitely have a right to say no to that... you should be a guest first so if you don’t want to do that I definitely think you can say no :-)

I hope you’re feeling better about it all and I know it’s hard but try not to let it spoil your planning and on the day :-) xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics