Hello all

we are newly engaged and looking fir suggestions on how to keep the cost down

3 replies

Latest activity by Katrina, 20 of January of 2024 at 18:06
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    Loved these tips ") some I have already went with we are having a winter wedding. Saved so much money Smiley smile definitely having fake flowers too. We are making the wedding our own. Not to much of a traditional typical wedding for us.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

In addition to the above, I would also think long and hard about what you actually want for your wedding. (Note: I'm not saying 'need', because all you actually 'need' is the legal stuff.) Ditch anything that isn't important to you, even if everyone else tells you that you 'must' have it!

Some ideas:

Either don't have bridesmaids/groomsmen or else ask them to pick their own outfits to wear.

Can you borrow a (reliable) friend's car or book a taxi instead of hiring a wedding car?

Consider second-hand, mail order or high street for your wedding dress, and the same for the groom's suit.

Look into getting a supermarket cake and customising it with a cake topper - our cheapest quote for a wedding cake was £50 (plain white icing - no decoration), but we got a supermarket cake and a customised cake topper for half that (and we splashed out on the cake topper - could easily have got one way cheaper)

Keep an eye on the sales for your wedding rings if you haven't got them already. We bought ours on a buy-one-get-one-half-price offer.

If you want fresh flowers, consider supermarket ones or diy rather than a florist.

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great tips Smiley smile thanks for sharing ♡ we are going to make the wedding our own!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics