Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2012

Advice Needed - Bouquets or wrist corsages for BM's!!!

nicadele, 12 April, 2011 at 11:35 Posted on Planning 0 23

Just as it says do you think wrist corsages or bouquets are better for BM's?

I think the corsages look nice and they are practical that the girls dont need to carry them but honest opinions please!

xx

23 replies

Latest activity by JonCraven, 13 April, 2011 at 13:44
  • Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Mine are having corsages. More practical and less costly! Smiley smile

• Twickers
    Beginner March 2011
    Twickers ·
    • Hide content

I really thought about wrist corsages for my BMs - I think they can look lovely. But then I thought about the times I had been a BM (8 and counting!) and thought to myself 'what would I do with my hands walking down the aisle?'! Sounds silly but having a bouquet gives you something to hold on to - and means all of them sort of walk/carry themselves the same way. If going with corsages I have seen BMs with pretty clutches too in order to have them carry something...

Not sure if that even makes sense let alone helps at all!

• L
    Beginner
    Lynetobe ·
    • Hide content

My BM are having wrist corsages. Just a white Gerbera on a pearl elasticated bracelet thingy! They are having real flowers and then I have bought fake ones for their hair.

I wore a gerbera wrist corsage when I was a BM a couple of years ago. Makes you feel a bit weird when walking down the aisle with nothing in your hand as an older BM but much easier when your helping and sorting things for bride as one less thing to worry about or carry. A few of my BM are young and I wanted them to not have anything to hold.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies all your opinions are a great help - I know what you mean about them not having anything to hold when walking down aisle but think practicality may win! xx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Have u asked them!?!??! they may feelr eally awkward without a bouquet however they may favour the corsages! i asked mine, one said ' trying to do BM duties AND hold flowers?! give me a corsage!!' and the other will have two kids under 3 so needs free hands lol

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I am having the ushers walk the bridesmaids down the aisle so they will link onto them and won't need to hold anything.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Only just thought about it this morning - 2 of them have responded immediately saying they think corsages would be great other 2 nothing yet but I think they will be on board too just didnt know if it will look right?

xx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

As Twickers says, it depends really how your bridesmaids feel about not having anything to do with their hands. If they have flowergirls or ushers they could hold hands or walk arm in arm with, this solves the problem. There is another 'in between' alternative which is a very simple, minimalistic bouquet which isn't as expensive as a full hand-tied. Depending on which fresh flowers you chose, it could be between £10 and £20 or with artificial even cheaper. Here's a few very popular designs I do regularly -

or the wrist corsages:-

• G
    giddy ·
    • Hide content

I was a bm a couple of years ago and had a wrist corsage. It was beautiful, but a real pain, it kept getting in the way, ribbons dangling in my dinner etc.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I would ask your Bridesmaids what they would prefer. Wrist Corsages are more practical & 9 times out of 10 the bouquets get left on the table after the photos are over. With a wrist corsage they can wear them all day & also in the evening as well. I do a few types either on a snap wristband which fits even tiny Bridesmaids , on a ribbon or on Elasticated pearl or Diamante bracelets. I have done quite a few for Brides to wear in the evening as well using flowers in their bouquet.

Here are a few recent ones:

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I know I'm probably in the minority on here but I really don't like wrist corsages for bridesmaids. I just don't like the look of them.

• P
    Beginner August 2011
    Pinki Hels ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Purple Pixie I am with you on this - I dont think that they look right without have a bouqet - but that is just my opinion!

I am having a tall bouquet for the BM's so that they hold it up there arm (similar to holding a baby with one arm LOL) and I am having corsages for the MOTB & MOTG and grand mothers to incorporate them into the "special" role of the wedding.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls all of your opinions are really appreciated!

I think il look at some options with the girls before I decide for definate but I think the wrist corsages are definately more practical

x

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Im not a fan of the wrist ones either- i like proper bouqets ?

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I am thinking mine will have artifical wrist corsages and matching clutch bags. Not to everyone's taste but at least they can wear them all day and they have something in their hands when they walk down the alise.

All my BM's were happy with this as they were thinking in that they would have bought a bag with them for the evening anyway. This way they dont need to worry about looking after a bouquet and bag in the evening

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Another thing to consider about whether or not to have them in wrist corsages is would they suit their hands? They don't suit everyone. I'm a typical person who they look awful on! Reason is I have small hands, with small fingers and they aren't very elegant looking to say the least. They also don't look right with chubby hands or arms either. So if your maids have got beautiful nails, long slender fingers, and pretty wrists, then you're OK!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Thanks rainbow florist thats a good point!

most of them have got nice nails and hands but il have a good luck when i next see them?

• E
    Beginner October 2011
    englishrosebride ·
    • Hide content

I'm probably very old fashioned and maybe a little matron like but my bridesmaids are going to be at my wedding to help me make it the day of my dreams ... I think the clue's in the name - maids to the bride without want to sound too harsh. I want them to have their hands free to help with my dress, aid the flowergirls, assist in pushing wheelchairs in a worse case scenario (we will have a lot of disabled guests) etc. I want them to look pretty but their primary role shouldn't be to stand around with bouquets looking stunning - that's my job!

Do I sound like Bridezilla?

We all had flower corsages at my sisters wedding and they worked it in with our jewellery. They were thick (faux) pearl bracelets with an orchid on. No dangly bit to get in the way when eating. Plus at the end of the day we got to take the flowers off and had another keepsake from the wedding.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Here is what our bridesmaids had which were real flowers.

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

I'm personally a traditional fan of bouquets, I'm not sure why, I just prefer them. When I was BM for my SIL we were asked which we preferred and we went for bouquets, as it gave us something to hold.

• F
    Beginner May 2011
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are little 7 and under I am having flower wands made for them..

If they were older I would have had small bouquets!

?

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Giddy.

I was a BM for my mum last year and she chose wrist corsages and although they looked lovely it was a pain in the back side !! The bracelet was diamante, which I found really irritated my wrist, the tie at the end got in the way and the flowers (2 roses) felt really heavy on my wrist and kept moving the wrong way round, even when the bracelet was really tight. I also felt really awkward walking down the aisle with no flowers to hold (and I did have a clutch bag !!)

And once the meal had finished I was left with a half dead flower hanging on my wrist, so I took it off before the evening reception !

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I'm probably in the minority in that I don't like flowers at all and am begrudingly having them at my wedding for bridesmaids bouqeuts only! But I do think that wrist corsages don't look very 'bridesmaidey.' I think bouquets look better for the photos and to have something to hold onto, but I can see the practical side to them too. Depends on what the bridesmaids prefer I suppose.
  • JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

I'll throw my ten-pennith in and say that I think BM's look lost without anything in their hands...

Oh, and something that they might like to know, if that if held right bouquets are very slimming!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics