Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ClaireD*
Beginner May 2014

Advice needed on biodegradable confetti

ClaireD*, 14 April, 2014 at 19:24 Posted on Planning 0 20

Hey all,

About a month to go for me now, and I need some advice on biodegradable confetti please. Whilst we need some of this, I've already received advice to not use anything 'coloured' eg. paper style confetti, as on a damp day apparently the colour might seep and leave little stain marks on the wedding dress. I guess around the bottom of the dress and train, as you'd hope it wouldn't get too damp higher up / or be sitting there for long enough to stain.

This advice led me to look into petal confetti.

When I've been looking at dried petals, it seems to me that they look very 'bitty'. With my hair being in a mass of curls on the day, it occurred to me that I'll never be able to pick all these bits of dried flower out of my hair without messing it up.

So I therefore looked at freeze-dried petal confetti online. This appears (and I say, appears) to be more like whole petals - so bigger, less bitty, and less crumbly when getting it out of hair. However, this is also very expense, which makes me less keen on it.

I want to order confetti online, so need some advice as to what to buy. The above outlines all I know about confetti. So, what should I get? Advice please!!!!

Ta x

20 replies

Latest activity by 張如果, 19 July, 2024 at 13:30
  • *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Our guests had biodegradable and real petals. The best man shook it all off my dress for me to make sure it wouldn't stain. I did end up with some stuck down my top and bra and even when I got a bit hot and sweaty dancing in the evening it sill didn't stain.

As for size etc, I can't really advise, I've got no idea what was thrown at us. It all came off us easily enough.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm using flower petals but have bought dried rosebuds too, I've not thought of it getting stuck in my hair but it sounds pretty Smiley smile

http://daisyshop.co.uk/shop/category_driedrosebud/dried-rose-buds.html?sessid=8zAiHu7s2je4bhW3ng0McpFXvWVQO1Kq1MY31UVZzuyu34oogPCYMhLSawz0MTre&shop_param=cid%3D%26

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I have bought multicoloured biodegradable hearts, so pretty. I did hear that it can stain but I decided pretty confetti photos trump possible stains on a dress I'm never going to wear again ?. I'll just ask Mum to de-confetti me afterwards.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to order some darn confetti today, and not let myself go to bed until it's done.

Any further advice folk?

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Just found this:

Which rose petals are suitable for me?

We get a lot of questions about the differences between freeze-dried rose petals and preserved rose petals. In the table below you will see at a glance the most important differences. This will enable you to select the most suitable product more quickly.

Question:Freeze-dried Preserved Biodegradable? Yes Yes Do they feel soft? Yes Yes Are they fragile? Yes No Do they stain? No Yes Are they colour-fast? Yes Yes Do they last long? Yes Yes Store in fridge/freezer? No No Can be used as confetti? Yes Yes
  • M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

I've just been to a wedding fair and Shropshire petals had a stall. They gave us a free sample and it's lovely. Maybe worth a look on their website xx

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. As far as I can make out, the Shropshire ones are dried petals. One of the things I was worried about was the crumbliness of dried petals. I've been looking at freeze-dried ones, but now I'm wondering whether dried ones are better for chucking - ie. lighter, so stay in the air longer?

Bejezus this is ridiculous. I just need to buy some already!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Some vintage car companies don't like confetti in or around the car when it is damp conditions as this can be an expensive T-Cut job on the bodywork to remove the stain....

Peter

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I've never seen confetti stain but I suppose that the potential is there, vintage car people can be fussy about confetti but will usually be out of the way so that people have enough room to gather around to throw it. And at the end of the day you pay them a lot of money and its not your problem.
    All confetti will get in your hair and will go down your top and will itch to some extent but the worst stuff looks like pot puri as its does get stuck in your hair and itches and will also get stuck in your veil.
    I have some confetti info here
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

The freeze dried stuff is a great thrower!!

You can get some

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Name the confetti ? worse one for getting off was the lower right, took 15 minutes to get off the bride & groom?

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Oh lordy Bruce. The bottom right does look that much smaller and 'bittier' than the bottom left next to it, so I'm not surprised!

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bill for your link. That really is helpful - you've just made me re-think may plan to have handfuls of confetti from a basket!

I've just been telling my OH that I plan to sieve my confetti when it arrives, and try and make sure it's only big bits, and in no way pot pouri-like. Now he's just staring at me....

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was a nightmare Claire trying to get it all off, during the evening I could see both of them picking more out? but it seemed to just stick in there hair and was a right job getting it out?

Oh I didn't realise you could zoom in as much as that on Hitched?

• Hide content

Nice set of confetti shots there Bruce.

Bottom right looks like this stuff, not easy to get out of hair and itchy.

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do like that page Bill, shows what is possible, I might get a page up like that if I get time next week?

• Hide content

?

• B
    • Hide content

Nice set of confetti shots there Bruce.

Bottom right looks like this stuff, not easy to get out of hair and itchy.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dammit !!! These pictures look like delphinium petal mix which ALL THE CONFETTI SELLERS advise people to buy, saying that it works better than larger rose petals as stays up in the air a bit longer (being lighter etc).

I've just placed an order for confetti that includes the delphinium stuff ☹️

• B
    • Hide content

I think any small confetti will stay in the air longer but it makes some great photos though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics