To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2025 Norfolk

Advice needed please…

Sam, 20 of May of 2024 at 04:02 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hello!
I am after some advice please.,:
I’m getting married next year and with no wedding planner it’s a DIY wedding
I desperately wanted to get married in a location by the sea however, the place that is special to us does not have any registry office near by. Also I wanted something for the ceremony that was a bit different. So…. We’ve actually not told our guests that the wedding will be in 2 locations as we want the day to be a surprise and we are looking at hiring a vintage red bus to take them in between the venues… the only thing is in a vintage red bus it will take an hour and half …. Is this too long?? I’m concerned people will be bored.
At the ceremony venue there will be drinks and pizza as a snack so people are not waiting for food… usually there’s a bit of a wait between the ceremony and meal anyway…
Advice needed please for a bride that cannot ask her friends for advice because they don’t know either!!! 🙈

1 replies

Latest activity by Dennis, 28 of May of 2024 at 06:01
  • D
    New York
    Dennis ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

1.5 hours on a vintage red bus sounds like a fun adventure, not a boring wait! Here's why it could work:

Novelty: The red bus itself is a unique experience that can be a highlight of the day. Decorate it with flowers or fun signs!

Entertainment: Provide entertainment during the ride. Play music, have games or quizzes, or pack snacks and drinks.

-Photo Opportunity: This scenic ride can be a fantastic HealthCareGov photo opportunity for guests to capture the beauty and fun.exclamation

To address any potential boredom:

Break Up the Journey: If possible, consider a short stop halfway through at a scenic overlook or point of interest.

Remember:

Guest Comfort: Ensure the bus has air conditioning or good ventilation, especially if it's a hot climate.exclamation

Clear Communication: Let guests know beforehand (without spoiling the surprise!) to dress comfortably for the bus ride.

This surprise will likely be a delightful memory for your guests. Congratulations on your wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics