Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KateGonnaBMrsB
Beginner June 2016

advice needed - veil in a registry office??

KateGonnaBMrsB, 14 of September of 2013 at 15:05 Posted on Planning 0 2

I have very kindly been gifted a cathedral length veil by my mother for my wedding day - the trouble is that I will be getting married in a register office and a cathedral length veil is a bit much. my bridesmaids have been suggesting attaching it to a comb so as to shorten it but I have been told in no uncertain terms that I am not allowed to damaged the veil as it is a family heirloom...... what to do??? do I get another veil which will cost me x pounds or wear it and look a right numpty lol ???

sorry my dress is full length with a separate bolero (which I will be keeping on all the time) in fact here is a pic

(I know its not that 50's but everything else will be lol x)

ps I am also having a vintage 1950's style wedding and I dont know how appropriate a veil that length would be xxxxxx

2 replies

Latest activity by AuntieBJ, 16 of September of 2013 at 13:13
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

You might be best buying yourself a veil, it doesn't sound like you are very happy with the one you've been offered to borrow.

Veils don't have to cost too much, these two are both under £20 and a 50s kind of style...

1) £19.95, Honeypie Boutique

2) £12.99, eBay

• M
    marmaladejar ·
    • Hide content

Go with what suits you and your dress! You say 50s style and I'm guessing a short dress but my daughter is wearing her grandmothers dress from 1958 and that is full length, long sleeves and high neckline and would take a cathedral veil (as my mother wore) - guess what I'm saying is not sure what you mean by 50s!

Also register offices tend not to have lots of space and the veil might get in the way and get damaged - a way out if your mother is worried about it??

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Go with your heart and don't worry about what others think. If the veil suits your dress and you want to wear it, then you should. If you decide against then just be honest with your mum. I have been gifted tiaras hy four different friends so I've told them all I'll choose dependant on what looks best to me and have asked them not to be offended if I don't pick theirs x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics