Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2022 Derbyshire

Advice needed! - Venue!

SunnyYellowHair95630, 11 of February of 2020 at 14:53 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please. Myself and my partner booked our wedding venue late 2019.

We liked the look the menu when booking but did ask if any of the options could be changed or adapted to better suit our needs at the time. The majority of the menu options are beef, myself and my partner don't eat beef and not many of my family members do either. The venue kindly agreed at the time of booking the menu could be adapted. It's now come to light that the venue isn't willing to change the menu much which is incredibly disappointing. Had we of known this, we may not of considered booking there.

We have made quite a few suggestions (chicken or pork instead for example) but don't seem to be getting anywhere. The venue refuses to serve any pork. I'd like to think i'm quite reasonable and fair person but have to say i'm some what shocked that the venue i'm paying thousands of pounds to isn't willing to try and meet their clients half way...

I'd be incredibly grateful if anyone could give me any advice at all on what the best thing to would be!

Thanks

1 replies

Latest activity by zaraahmad, 24 of February of 2020 at 12:10
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Do you have anything from them in writing regarding the menu changes? If so, they can't really avoid keeping their commitment to you.

If your agreement is just verbal, then you are really dependent on their sense of honour/fairness. Hopefully, they will realise they are being very foolish by not keeping their word - after all, you will be talking to a lot of people about your wedding venue in the months to come, and if you're telling everyone how awful it was, no one is going to book with them! But if you have a great time, you'll be recommending all your friends book with them.

If you haven't paid much in the way of deposit, it might still be worth walking away and finding another venue.

• zaraahmad
    Curious August 2021
    zaraahmad ·
    • Hide content

Oh so sad, Its really bad from their side.

I am sure you do not have any thing in writing so it must be difficult time. I think they just want to charge you something extra. Its like robbing you, if you want to change the menu. I think do offer them and i am sure they are crooks and they will agree to you offer.

I am if they are doing this to you, it must be a regular practice with others as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics