Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N

advice on getting married abroad need your help

NatashaP, 8 of October of 2015 at 15:22 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4

I have always wanted a beach wedding in the sun, small and intimate with just a few close friends and family. Problem is the destination I have chosen is Lake Malawi in Southern Africa. I don't know if guests will be keen to go and to pay. I have found an island on the lake with a small resort that is offering to book the resort out for 12 ppl all inclusive for £14,800. It would be perfect exactly what I want. The flights will cost £600, if you were invited to a friends wedding would you go and pay for flights plus drinks? all meals and non motor water sports are included in what we will be paying.

It would be a holiday of a lifetime, we are thinking of end of next year so it would give people time. Please let me know what you think or any advise. If people are not keen I was thinking we could go alone combine it with a honeymoon have the ceremony there and when we come back have a small reception?

4 replies

Latest activity by Sevenyearhitched, 6 of January of 2016 at 08:50
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I would test the water and tell people your ideas. Then you will get a feel for who wants to come and can afford to come and whether you will have 12. Then you can decide how to proceed whether with guests or on your own. Sounds amazing. Your party could reflect your wedding in theme for those who couldn't make it.

• J
    Beginner December 2016
    Jenny3 ·
    • Hide content

Do it, do it!!

otherwise you will always think what if...

• B
    Bblack ·
    • Hide content

That's awesome! I think you should talk some guests about it. They’ll probably be amazed. South Africa is a great place to go and most people would love to do that. They’ve got plenty of time to adapt. Maybe if you work properly the budget out for them so they don’t feel trapped.

Jenny3 is right, probably test it on few people before.

Then work your way to give them hints of activities out there so they’ll be so excited to go.

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    LuxuriousGoldHair131 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Natasha P.

I just came back from my weddigg in the Greek islands . We got married in Santorini. It is an amazing place and we had a wonderful and proffessional person to arrange everything for our civil wedding. From the initial skype appoitment until the registration of your wedding she was just perfect. Suggested beautiful ideas, we had a very nice location for our wedding and she booked for us the flowers, the dj, the reception venue. We discussed together the menu options and the drink packages as well. The views of the wedding venue were just amazing. Although our wedding was not big just 30 persons, she took care of everything with a lot of love and she gave us a list with photos, proposing ideas of flowers as well as little details to make our photography documentary perfect. Our photographer Nathan, was her suggestion and we were very satisfied by him. My hairdres For the wedding cake I just sent a photo and I got exactly the cake that I had in mind

It is worth checking Santorini as your destination and also to check Marryme in Greece and get a quote. You can check her wedding packages on http://www.marryme.com.gr

• S
    Beginner September 2015
    Sevenyearhitched ·
    • Hide content

Would love to know how Natasha p got on.

Would £600 be the only cost of the guest contribution or are you expected to pay 1/12 th of the venue cost as well.

To be honest if it was me and my husband I would do Europe but that would be it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics