Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missus S

Advice on invitations please! xxx

Missus S, 4 February, 2011 at 11:31 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi we are planning on having a ceremony followed by meal with close family, 16 people, but have been toying with the idea of an evening reception with all our friends and family. No problems there. But we would like to offer everyone the chance to come to the ceremony if they wanted to, as i know family and friends would love to be part of it. So how would i word that? Basically there will be a ceremony, then a 6 hour gap till the 'party'?

Cheers me dears xxx

2 replies

Latest activity by millie&me, 4 February, 2011 at 11:45
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We've done a similar thing of inviting eveyone to ceremony and evening reception but only about half to the wedding breakfast mostly due to the cost - although we only have about 3 hours spare not 6. We provided a list of nearby activities and things to do, not just for those not coming to the WB but also those making a weekend of it.

What you could do is to word the invite so you are inviting everyone to the reception, and add that if they wished to join you at whatever location at whatever time for the ceremony all are welcome - and obviously just the close family going to the wedding breakfast get the invitation mentioning that too.

Then it's up to them if they want to come to both, if they're local it may be possible, but at least they know they have time to kill otherwise. If people are travelling and staying over then of course this will be time for them to check in to their hotel and perhaps freshen up or have a nap.

• Esther982
    Esther982 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

This is exactly how we did our wedding. For the evening people I put - ceremony at .......... at 12pm with an evening reception to follow at 7pm.

It helped though that they were at different locations. You could maybe put ..........are invited to our wedding ceremony at 12pm, and also to return for our evening reception at 7pm

• millie&me
    Beginner October 2016
    millie&me ·
    • Hide content

You can also say something like:

"x and y are delighted to invite you to an evening reception to celebrate their marriage

at 7pm on ...

at venue"

and then at the end say "you are also welcome to join us at the church at 1pm"

That's not worded very well - Esther has put it much better!! (my head seems to have gone all fuzzy today!)

Nicky

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics