Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jade
Beginner August 2024 Durham

Advice on what to do leading upto and on wedding day.

Jade, 8 of January of 2024 at 23:33 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 9

I am 21 years old and quite clueless any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by Anh, 4 of June of 2024 at 03:00
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Jade! What to do? What do you mean? Booking things? Skin care regimes? Decor? My wedding is July and I am ticking off a few things a month. This month is to book the suit apps and I’ve already sorted my dress alterations. I’ve booked my beauty apps the week of the wedding. First hair trial is this month. The vicar emailed today to meet next month to fill in the form for the banns. We have both lost our birth certificates so ordering them this month too. I’ve started to eat better, cut out the fizzy drinks and drink more water and finally our music has messaged about thinking about getting a music list together. Not sure if this is what you’re looking for but keeping a diary of what needs done each month has helped but most importantly relaxing between it all.
  • Jade
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is exactly what I meant ahah thank you so much for your reply. I have most things booked and paid for I just don’t know if I should be doing anything in particular with legal bits (getting married in a church). Things I should avoid on the lead up to and on my wedding day. But really appreciate the reply! Smiley smile
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Be careful not to get accidental tan lines that are going to show depending on your dress style.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem at all. That is all I can think of at this moment. I think you’ve got a lot covered. Enjoy it all. Can’t believe it’s this year! 😬😬
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I'd have a chat to the vicar/minister to double-check you haven't missed anything regarding the formalities and also to check on any restrictions if you haven't done so already (e.g. type of music, decor etc within the church building).

Hitched have a really good checklist - not everything will be relevant, but it helps to make sure you haven't missed anything.

Overall, try not to stress about it - weddings are so complicated now, but as long as the legal bits get done, everything else is optional so not worth losing any sleep over!

• Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Definitely find a good checklist to make sure you have it all covered. There are so many small details that are forgotten until the wedding. You can never be too prepared when it comes to your wedding.

• Jade
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know going to have to find a really good in detail checklist maybe Pinterest will have one- thank you
  • Jade
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes didn’t think of that, will be hiding inside 🤣
  • Jade
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your reply and your help! Really appreciate it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics