Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cat In A Teacup
Beginner August 2015

Advice please - Burst ovarian cysts and PCOS

Cat In A Teacup, 21 of September of 2014 at 11:42 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

Morning Otters,

I spent 5 hours in a&e yesterday with what the doctors have concluded was a burst ovarian cyst. I had severe stomach cramps that were so painful I was throwing up, they gave me some drugs and that subsided the pain until I had to move or sit up. They did some Xrays and took some blood which were all normal.

After one horrible doctor laughed at me saying I was just constipated I then had 2 surgeons come and tell me that it wasn't that at all and I probably had PCOS. They left and next thing I know I am being discharged still in a lot of pain, no advice on how to deal with the pain other than bed rest and nothing to tell me what to do next.

I am planning on seeing my gp tomorrow in the hope that they can advise what to do. In the meantime has anyone else had a burst ovarian cyst? Did you have similar symptoms? Will I always get them?

TIA, I'm just feeling a little scared that it's going to happen again.

2 replies

Latest activity by Cat In A Teacup, 22 of September of 2014 at 13:01
  • Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Oh Flora, your experience sounds horrid! I am so glad that you got through it ok, although it sucks that you still get pain from the scar tissue.

I saw my GP this morning and they are of the opinion that an ultrasound would be pointless at this stage as if there was a cyst it has obviously already burst and would therefore not show up anyway. She said I have a urine infection which could be causing the residual pain so I should take antibiotics and return if the pain gets worse. Apparently I don't have the other typical symptoms of PCOS (my periods are very regular and normal etc) so she is pretty confident that it was a one off.

Thank you for you advice, it definitely helped calm me down Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics