Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Advice/Help needed! Unlicensed venue etc

mrslang16, 18 of August of 2015 at 22:42 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm really struggling to find a venue for our ceremony. Basically, my fiancé and myself are booked for a big dream wedding next October but now I'm not sure I want a 'big' wedding. We now want to do the legal bits with two witnesses in a registry office and then either the next day or following week, we have a small unlicensed ceremony where we can exchange rings and vows in front of family & friends (we would consider this our wedding day, not the day we signed the documents). I really don't know where we can possibly hold such a ceremony, I imagine outdoors but can't find anything in shropshire?! We want to keep costs down to a minimum and have a intimate party with a BBQ/finger buffet but we don't know anyone with big enough land etc. does anyone have any suggestions? We want to go to New York next October as a honeymoon so we really don't want to spend thousands. We only want something small to celebrate with close family & friends. Any help/advice much appreciated Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by Simply Ceremonies Uk, 21 of August of 2015 at 23:29
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

You could go to a local forest or park and have the wedding and a picnic.

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    willow_rose ·
    • Hide content

Could you hire out a pretty village hall with some land/garden? That way you have toilets/shelter should you need it and also the gardens to hold the bbq and have the ceremony?

• S
    Simply Ceremonies Uk ·
    • Hide content

I did a wedding in Wales recently for a couple with just 8 guests. The castle they used didn't charge for use of the gardens and terrace where the wedding was held and we all just had a windervul dinner in the restaurant in the evening.

It's worth thinking outside of the box....do you have a friend with a beautiful garden, or a farmers field by a river/canal. As long as the landowner gives permission you can do anywhere you want.

feel free to email me for any free advice Smiley smile

www.celebrant-uk.co.uk

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics