Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2025 Wielkopolskie

Advise for picking photographer for abroad wedding

Julita, 22 of May of 2024 at 22:33 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hey all!

We are getting married May 2025 in Poland and I was hoping someone might have some advise for booking a photographer for a abroad wedding.

Every website I go on advises to meet with a few photographers before committing, to see if we like them, their style etc. However, this is tricky for us as we are limited to communicating over email.

There are soooo many photographers out there, but we are finding it hard to establish a relationship over email. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have any advise?

Thank you all ❤️

2 replies

Latest activity by Hampshire Wedding Photographer, 24 of May of 2024 at 11:36
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Since covid most have gone over to video chat, even in the UK where there are 100s who are willing to travel 2-3 hours to shoot a wedding. Meeting with your photographer is a little bit old advice now. If they have a good online and social media presence with lots of reviews a phone call can be just as effective to help you decide as you can ask questions they are not prepared for, unlike an email where they will have time to compile and answer.

• Hampshire Wedding Photographer
    Hampshire
    Hampshire Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I'm a destination wedding photographer. I've not photographed a wedding in Poland yet, but have been to many other destination such as India, Brazil, Bali and Australia to name a few. All, if not most of these have been completed via webcam calls and emails (some even in other languages). Yes, there are sooo many photographers but finding a photographer with the experience of traveling with equipment can be difficult. Most people who have destination weddings hire a photographer from their own country, although a little more expensive with travel and accommodation, they understand english, are used to some of the British traditions that occur during weddings.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics