Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

disneyfanatic95
Dedicated June 2017

*advise needed* should I buy stepparents buttonholes and corsages

disneyfanatic95, 18 of May of 2017 at 13:33 Posted on Planning 0 14

I have 30 days left until my wedding and I really don't know what to do?

Both of my parents remarried although my dad and stepmum aren't together anymore but she is coming to the wedding and I still see her as my stepmum. I'm really close to my stepmum but not so much to my stepdad. Should I get them a buttonhole and a corsage or not?

i really don't know because if I get my stepmum one my mum will complain but if I get my stepdad one I don't want to leave my stepmum out?

has anyone else been in this situation before and can give some advice?

14 replies

Latest activity by SunnyBlueDecor836, 20 of July of 2017 at 15:32
  • Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I'm in a very similar situation. I am getting them corsages and button holes, I want to include my step-mum as fully as I can in our day Smiley smile And I don't want to leave people out.

xx

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I say yes to your Stepmum but no to your Step-Dad.

We did corsages for our Mums and Nans. Your Stepmum is basically a mum, so I would give one to her.

We only did buttonholes for the Wedding Party though. So if you were in a hired set of tails, you got a buttonhole. As I'm presuming this doesn't include your Stepdad, you can leave him out I'd say. We didn't do them for my Brother, for example.

At the end of the day, just do what feels right for you. You could always give your Stepmum a smaller corsage. Our Nans got a single rose, whereas our Mums had full wrist corsages.

Xxx

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

I'd just do it. If it's going to cause an argument it's not worth worrying about. Buttonholes are cheap (or at least ours weren't too expensive) so I'd just buy one to keep the peace.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Have a little drink/coffee and a chat with your Mum about it - I would definitely buy for both I think.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I would say yes if you feel close to them, go for it.

I've been told this weekend by MIL I need to get buttonholes for her brother, & OH's brother, her other son - who frankly is probably about 10% likely to even show up, but that's a whole other story... GAH!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Why do people need corsages? I thought that was US proms?

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's traditional for the MOB & MOG (according to my Mum anyway lol) to show their importance or something. As you can see, I paid a lot of attention haha

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Haha! I didn't know anything about it until my OH mum said. I spoke to my mum about it and she thinks my stepdad should have one. I'm just going to say to them that if they want one they need to pay for it as I don't have the money.

i don't know if it sounds awful but I don't have the money.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I think that's a fair solution - you're not saying they can't have one, just that you can't afford it Smiley heart

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah exactly, thing is im not exactly close to my stepdad, as mean as it sounds but I don't get a good feeling from him. But that's a complete different story. Ah well if they want one I'll ask them to pay. Thank you muchly Smiley heart

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

You've told them now so forget about it from here forward Smiley smile

You get married in just over 3 weeks! Smiley laugh

X

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

I know! 24 days xD! I saw your wedding post! You looked stunning! How did it go? Did bet it seems ages ago now? Smiley heart

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

It went really well! Everything ran smoothly Smiley smile will do a report when I get my proper pics back Smiley smile

Yeah it seems like forever ago haha!

X

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

I can't wait to see them! Smiley heart

• S
    Beginner August 2018
    SunnyBlueDecor836 ·
    • Hide content

I worry that of I get this person a Button hole and not that person it'll cause trouble so we've decided just groom and best man for button holes, no corsages.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics