Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2019

Advise on Timescales!!

Sammyf2970, 2 of February of 2018 at 11:31 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi All, I am getting married in July 2019! Does anybody have any advice on good timescales to start looking for cakes, flowers, photo booths etc? I have booked the venues and I have found my dress...just the rest to do now! Eeek!! I am worried that I will be contacting cake places slightly too early if I start doing it now but is there ever too early?! TIA xx

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticIvoryHair772, 10 of February of 2018 at 18:45
  • S
    Beginner March 2018
    Sandra-Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sammy,

Congratulations!

I don't think you're too early to start looking around now. We are getting married in 6 weeks and we had sorted pretty much everything by April/May last year. The earlier you have booked everything the more time you have to relax and look forward to your wedding day.

I don't like rushing around last minute so I booked everything as quickly as possible.

Also this way you know very early on how much your key suppliers take up of your budget and how much you have spare for any extras you might want.

Enjoy the planning and good luck with everything,

Sandra

• jeffshamphoto
    Savvy March 2015
    jeffshamphoto ·
    • Hide content

I don’t think anyone can be too early to sort things out. I have photography enquiries going into 2020 now, with bookings for 2019, and yet, people are still contacting me about photography for this summer. Start early and make sure you get suppliers that you want, I say!

• E
    Beginner May 2019
    ExpensiveIvoryFlowers42719 ·
    • Hide content

We get married next may and so far have

venue/reception package which includes a lot of extras (food, photography, bridal hair/makeup, flowers, car, cake aswell as a few other bits that I can’t remember off my head.

Also have my wedding dress, I have a box on the go with a few decs chucked in for dressing reception

Still need:

groomsman suits (they’ve chose the one just need to purchase)

bridesmaid dresses (sort of chose the ones!)

dj

reception do 2 with buffet and dj plus bouncy castle for the lids

groom ring

invites

thats half of it in hand!

Hope this helps u get into the swing of it!

• R
    Beginner February 2018
    RomanticIvoryHair772 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

You are definitely not too early to start looking! For example, the florist we are using is fully booked for this year, and almost fully booked for next year too, so my advice would be too look around and start enquiring. July is a lovely and popular time to get married, so suppliers will be being booked up months in advance.

The best part of wedding planning is taking your time, meeting suppliers, tasting cakes and looking at lovely flowers Smiley smile

I would give yourself as long as possible to avoid any last minute stress and disappointment.

Best of luck for your wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics