Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2011

affordable cakes in Essex

lillypearce, 15 May, 2011 at 22:33 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi

Does anyone know any good wedding cake makers around Colchester? I don't have a huge budget & found leigh cakes (nr Southend), they are really cheap, has anyone used them? I have tried googling for reviews, but cant find anything? I don't live close to the venue, so checking things out beforehand is proving abit difficult.

Thanks in anticipation.

10 replies

Latest activity by Nikki_D, 31 May, 2011 at 22:53
  • LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Hi, sorry i'm no help with a cakemaker but noticed you mentioned Colchester is that where you live or where you are getting married.

I'm from the Midlands but getting married in Colchester, ,

xx

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

Hiya We used Sophisticakes in Southend for our wedding in March. She copied an exact design I saw in a mag that was £1000+. She did a fab job, it was identical and a quarter of the price. We had fruit, carrot and lemon cake in the tiers. Would highly recommend them.

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking for a cakemaker in Essex too, and when i saw your post i got in touch with Leigh Cakes and asked them to send me a sample. They said I had to pay £5 postage and they will willingly send me a sample to try - might be worth you doing this, too, just so you can check the quality before you buy.

• H
    Beginner September 2011
    hip 2 b ·
    • Hide content

Hi. I am from Essex and found cakeflair.co.uk. She is based in Capel St Mary near Ipswich. They are lovely cakes and she is really helpful.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

We used Kellys Cakes - really lovely cake, great price and lovely lady/

https://www.kellyscakes.co.uk/

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/group.php?gid=124816096698&ref=ts

xx

• L
    Beginner May 2011
    lillypearce ·
    • Hide content

Hi, just moved near the area, but don't know anyone yet! Getting married at Prested Hall.

• L
    Beginner May 2011
    lillypearce ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies, will try some of them. Have got some samples from Leigh Cakes, and they are actually really good. My Hubby to be (who until now has shown no interest in anything to do with the wedding) has suddenly announced he wants cupcakes!!!! Grrrrrrr !!

• K
    Beginner December 2011
    king george ·
    • Hide content

Im using www.clairscakes.weebly.com she is based in herts but think she does cakes in essex as well. She is doing our wedding cup cakes. I would highly recommend her she matchs things to our colour schemes and the cakes are really nice and best of all quite affordablle, She is on the recommended supplier list on hitched as well.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we are using Clairella Cakes in Southend, she came highly recommended to us and her prices are great. She can make something to suit any budget. On her Facebook page she has tons of her cake photos. She is a lovely lady to deal with Smiley smile

https://www.facebook.com/clairellacake

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Dream Cake Creations - would recommend it highly. Very tasty! Have used her 3 times now and each time the cakes have been gorgeous.

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012
    Nikki_D ·
    • Hide content

My friend used Leigh cakes last year, and she had 3 different flavoured tiers and it was lush. the chocolate layer was my fav ?

They was so good infact, we are going to be using them next year!!!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics