Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Beginner November 2025 Greater Manchester

Affordable places to honeymoon for a temperature sensitive girly

Liberty, 1 of December of 2023 at 00:12 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6
Hi guys.

I am neurodivergent and I have a lot of sensory issues. It also means I am very particular about the hygiene of the places I attend.
Do you have any recommendations for a very affordable, romantic place to honeymoon that would be clean and have adequate shower facilities, that isn’t too hot or too cold etc?
(It’s a lot to ask, I know)
We don’t have much money but I’d really like us to have a lovely time away from everything in daily life, before returning after the wedding Smiley smile
Thank you x

6 replies

Latest activity by David, 4 of December of 2023 at 08:09
  • David
    Beginner January 2024 Lancashire
    David ·
    • Hide content

That's very thoughtful to consider your needs. Perhaps an airbnb near a quiet beach could work - you can message hosts about cleanliness. Affordable B&Bs also strive to meet comfort/hygiene standards. Check guest reviews and don't hesitate to ask questions. A secluded cabin rental could be just right too. Focus on connection with your spouse rather than big things - small inns often have charm. You'll find the perfect neutral spot to enjoy each other. Wishing you a relaxing trip building wonderful memories

• Liberty
    Beginner November 2025 Greater Manchester
    Liberty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much, this is so helpful Smiley smile
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you're sensitive to temperature and environmental changes, then I would suggest honeymooning in the UK - the last thing you'll likely need after a wedding is a flight, followed by adapting to a new climate and food!

Cornwall is lovely and fairly mild in the winter (slightly biased as it's where we had our honeymoon!) Or if you want peace and quiet and beautiful beaches, try Anglesey in Wales. Crossing the Menai bridge makes it feel a bit like going to another country!

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Depending on what you want to do, I’m a big fan of the Lake District & the Peak District if you like your walking. The Peaks is the easier of the two to get around if you haven’t been to either before, but both offer stunning walks, cafes and views. Anglesey is amazing, very relaxed, lots of lovely beaches and small towns & Beaumaris castle is one of my faves, we went over there to get married and normally spend at least one long weekend on the island every year.
    If the outdoors isn’t your cup of tea, I’d look at like a spa complex. We did our minimoon at Champneys near Derby, and it was so peaceful, and relaxing to have everything taken care of and chill out for a few days.
    Hope you find something lovely & restful for you both!
  • David
    Beginner January 2024 Lancashire
    David ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are welcome! I hope you find a good place to stay.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics