Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2019

Affordable wedding venues Cambridgeshire / Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire

HappyPurpleCakes106, 3 of March of 2014 at 18:04 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi everyone! My partner and I are looking to wed in June 2016!

We are struggling to find an affordable wedding venue (looking for a civil ceremony, so would like somewhere where we can get married & have the wedding breakfast then the evening do)!

We have found that the wedding breakfast is the most expensive part of it all! Totally shocked at some of the prices!

We have a budget of £8000 which will have to include everything to with the wedding not just the venue.

We have 64 guests for the day and 120 guests for the evening which is us cutting it very fine in the first place (problem with having large families!)

we would consider getting married on a weekday to reduce costs.

any venues that anyone could recommend would be a massive help!

Thanks

bride2b Smiley smile

7 replies

Latest activity by Ali_G, 4 of March of 2014 at 16:52
  • Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Take a look at Three Lakes.....It would well fit your budget and comes under the Herts Registrars which, believe me are the best around.

Three Lakes is close to Ware on the A10. You can marry in the gazebo overlooking.....you've guessed it, Three lakes!!!!!!!

Very accommodating and flexible team led by Maxine.

Its position allows for some nice sunset shots(conditions allowing)

hth

Peter

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Shenley cricket ground had a good deal on when I was looking!

• Nessa_EssexBride
    Beginner November 2015
    Nessa_EssexBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my wedding at Down hall next year 2015. So I highly recommend this venue.

Down Hall its absolutely beautiful and my partner and myself have roughly the same numbers as you.

Check them out: http://www.downhall.co.uk/

• Matt Heath Photography
    Matt Heath Photography ·
    • Hide content

Down Hall is beautiful, Blake hall, great Hallingbury Manor, Fennes, Prested Hall, Leez priory, Most offer midweek discounts Smiley smile

• Rob Pack Photography
    Rob Pack Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I would agree with NcNz's comments about St Barnabas Centre, Thorley. I did a wedding fair there last year and chatting to the people who run it I think they are relatively new to the wedding market. Its a lovely new barn conversion in a great location. It's at the end of little lane (dead end) with a nice church, loads of car parking and some great spots for photography!

Another of my brides mentioned to me that Great Hallingbury Manor were also very accommodating and stacked up well in terms of cost against other venues on that M11 corridor.

Finally it may be too close to London for you but Chigwell Hall might be worth having a look at (this is where we had our reception!)

Hope this helps - good luck!

Rob

• Matt Heath Photography
    Matt Heath Photography ·
    • Hide content

St Barnabas is a nice barn venue too, Sot a few weddings there and the large pond area provides a lovely backdrop Smiley smile

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried the Barns Hotel in Bedford? That's a popular wedding venue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics