Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2018

Affordable Wedding Venues Surrey / Kent / Close to London

LuxuriousBrownStationery991, 16 of October of 2017 at 13:29 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi there!

My fiance just started planning our wedding and we're struggling to find a venue.

We live in London and want to have our wedding close to London, in the country-side. Preferably something with accommodation, as most of our guests will be travelling from abroad.

Our venue hire budget is around £3500 excl. catering etc. We would love to provide our own alcohol!

We're both not from the UK, so we really struggle with searching for a venue. Also, a lot what I see now charge double or even more!

We're not really fussed about where the wedding is, as long as it's easy to reach with public transport, in the country side and has a beautiful surrounding - so Kent, Surrey, that kind of thing.

I hope someone here has a good tip! I'm so stressed already and we just started!

Many many thanks!!!

1 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPurpleCars983, 17 of October of 2017 at 19:55
  • L
    Beginner October 2018
    LuxuriousBrownStationery991 ·
    • Hide content

Actually we can get it up to £4500 - £5000 if needed, but really not more than that....

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyPurpleCars983 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

If it helps, consider having a registry then a dry hire barn with outside caterers.

I had a wedding on Saturday at Templars Wedding Barn, it's not licensed for weddings (hence there registry office) but they had a their reception and unnofficial ceremony there.

A lot of venues have their own caterers and as such certain rules, resrictions and costs meaning it's less DIY opportunity for you.

The barn I was at was in Hungerford, so not in the area you were looking, but that's what I'd be looking at if venue costs are an issue. Especially in that area.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics