Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2023 Somerset

Afternoon Tea Wedding

Lisa, 17 of September of 2022 at 17:44 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hey,
So we are planning our small wedding for next year ( 25 adults 12 kids) immediate family and close friends only.
We are thinking of having served afternoon tea after the ceremony around 1500 followed by pimms on the lawn and watch the children play a really chilled out afternoon really.
We don’t want an evening do. We assume that some families will go around 18/1900 and the ones staying at the hotel we can meet up later in the evening for a couple drinks and a meal in the hotel.
My parents are saying this idea won’t work, there needs to be evening do or some kind of plan! What do you think?

4 replies

Latest activity by Joanna, 25 of September of 2022 at 21:09
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    What a beautiful idea! It absolutely will work as it is what YOU want. There absolutely does not have to be an evening do, you do you! I would let people know that are not having an evening reception per se but you would love them to have an evening meal with you if they can. You probably will need to have some idea of numbers so your venue can cater the evening meal, but also they may be able to provide a private room or area for the meal. Please do what you want for your day, no one else's opinion matters x
  • L
    Beginner May 2023 Somerset
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it x
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I think as long as you tell people that you would like them to join you for an evening meal and drinks then it will work fine. If you don’t make it obvious that something else is happening later on then people will just drift off naturally so if you want to meet them later make it clear in the invite and give them a time to meet up. It will mean people who are staying at your venue could freshen up or rest before a meal so it will be nice. My parents and a few others went back to the hotel to change and freshen up after the meal and before the disco. The afternoon tea and pimms sounds lovely. We had pimms as our reception drink actually. Good luck
  • J
    Savvy April 2024 West London
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    I went to a wedding like this recently. It was amazing. But maybe in the evening you could have a special meal just the two of you or cocktails at 9 just both of you so you get some time alone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics