Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Dedicated June 2023 Essex

Aggressive Supplier

Kirsty, 6 of February of 2023 at 11:35 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi I was hoping for some advice.

So I booked a florist back in 2020 for my wedding in June this year. Their communication was okay until I booked and since then, I have had to chase every email and their communication has been so poor. It took me 3 months just to receive an updated quote after the consultation.

I sent them a complaint at the weekend and asked to cancel and return my deposit. The response I got was aggressive and they were trying to gaslight the situation to avoid taking responsibility. They refused to return my deposit and I can honestly say, I have never been spoken to in such a disgusting manner. I am so upset and I am in shock that they think this is okay. I have told my venue, because they are a recommended supplier, but I have been left feeling so upset and obviously would like my deposit back.

My question is, how would you proceed?

5 replies

Latest activity by Maria, 7 of February of 2023 at 08:08
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I’m not entirely sure you can do much for “poor communication” unfortunately.
    Did you pay the deposit by credit card? Getting it back through the bank may be an option if it was more than £100 and if you have some sort of contract or T’s & C’s with the supplier.
    It’s unlikely to be covered by insurance but you can check (if you have wedding insurance that is).
    If you can’t do either is it a substantial amount you’ll lose, and is it worth going elsewhere anyway? Have you got a different supplier lined up that you can switch to?
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No I paid by bank transfer. I didn't actually sign any T&Cs so I am not sure where I stand. It has been so stressful dealing with them. Its taken me weeks and sometimes months to have a simple questions answered. It doesn't give me much confidence in using them. I feel like once they had my deposit they didn't care anymore.

I have already booked another florist as I didn't want to be stressed with having to deal with them on the lead up to my wedding. I secured them yesterday and feeling very happy with them.

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t believe you can get anything back for a bank transfer. They aren’t protected the same way as BACS, Direct Debits or Credit Card payments. They’re just a direct transfer of cash, it’s the same as giving someone physical cash. The deal is done as soon as you’ve authorised it. Also if there’s no contract, then I don’t see you as having anything other than their good will.

Aside from leaving them scathing reviews everywhere online, I’d just say move on and focus on being super happy with your new supplier.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I work in contract law and the bottom line is if you wanted to purse a case you need evidence to support the claim. If you didn't sign anything you legally don't, unfortunately, have any recourse for recovery of funds. the onus is sadly on you to prove the contractual agreement as currently it simply stands you paid them some money without any contract for service. Even if you did have a contract, unless there are explicit set timelines for them to respond you wouldn't be able to claim breach of contract or legal frustrations. I am so sorry they have treated you this way and it certainly is not a way to treat customers, but in this instance I think all you can do is chalk it up to experience, feedback to the venue as they are a PS and move on with the new supplier.

• Maria
    Beginner February 2023 Buckinghamshire
    Maria ·
    • Hide content
    If you can afford to post the money, Change it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics