Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Happyyellowflowers13409
Beginner May 2025 Hampshire

Agreements 🫠

Happyyellowflowers13409, 27 of March of 2023 at 13:56 Posted on Planning 0 2
My partner and i can't seem to agree on many things. We have a date in mind, yet he wants a venue where we can bring our own caterers and alcohol and many venues don't allow either or both. I explained that to him and i am happy to go with whatever we are allowed as long as the venue is perfect. But he doesnt agree 🥲 now we already missed out on booking a venue as someone else has booked it and i have advised him we need to get booking asap 🤧 wedding will ne in May 2025. How do you manage to meet your partner halfway? Mine is more fussy than me 😅

2 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 30 of March of 2023 at 14:27
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

He needs to be pragmatic as at the end of the day if the venue wont accommodate it he needs to compromise, or you will be looking forever. The only way I can see is hiring an empty space but then you may have to organise more than just food and a bar. why is he so set on having separate? I personally would not want the stress of managing separate vendors and running the risk one or both don't turn up. you will need to manage their insurance as well to meet the venue requirements, probably manage their set up and take down. An all in venue can be more expensive, but it makes it so much easier to manage and they organise it all so you don't have the stress

• H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    If this is important to him and it's a non negotiable then you will have to give on something else. Is this more important than the date, for example? If you aren't fixed on a date then more venues that allow this could become a possiblity.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics