Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Km86
Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire

aibu

Km86, 22 of November of 2022 at 16:15 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1

My fiancé's best fried is expecting their first child and have announced they are naming the baby the same name as our dog!

everyone in our friendship circle knows and adores our little dog, it just seems such a weird thing to do. I'm really unhappy about it but my Fiancé said I just need to accept it.

do you think I'm being unreasonable being annoyed by this?

sorry I know its not wedding related but I can't ask anyone else as they know the people involved!

1 replies

Latest activity by Natasha, 22 of November of 2022 at 21:21
  • N
    Curious December 2026 Somerset
    Natasha ·
    • Hide content
    I personally wouldn't give my child a name when someone I know has a dog with the same name. I would find it a little weird and it would put me off the name.
    However, I wouldn't be annoyed in your situation. I've had friends use the same baby names as my children and it isn't an issue, I think it just confirms they're great names!
    You don't have much choice other than to accept as it's their baby to name what they like. Try and remember that some people plan their children's names for many years before they fall pregnant and it's probably important to them or they wouldn't be using it. I'm sure they haven't done it to upset you, try and not let it annoy you too much x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics