Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I love shoes
Beginner July 2008

AIBU?? Landlady related (again..)

I love shoes, 21 of October of 2008 at 19:17 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

After my post of the other night about my obsessive landlady (or moronic and moaning depending on how you look at it)

She has just made me feel really guilty without evening saying anything

The other night she had a 'word' about coming to some arrangement about cooking as apparently she ends up eating crap really late just to eat as I always appear to be in the kitchen cooking..

She normally gets home from work before me (especially if I cycle to work), Mr LL gets in sometime around 5.30 - 7 and she doesnt normally start the dinner till he gets in

she was implying the other night that on the days I get in before her (which to be honest has been about 5 times in the last 2 months, and she works from home on a friday) I should cook earlier as there is no space for her to cook

I take a max of 30 mins in the kitchen and try and cook that nights dinner and occasionally lunches for the week (tonight I have done lunches for rest of week as well as dinner), whenever I have been in the kitchen she has made no attempt to come in before or after me, even if Mr LL is in

on my way to my room just now with plate of food, she was moaning about how tired she was and how late it was getting (WTF its 7pm)

AIBU in thinking that she is being a moaning old moo and she should just get over herself and get used to having a normal tenant or should I give up trying to be healthy and cooking and just eat pot noodlle in my room to please her??

10 replies

Latest activity by I love shoes, 22 of October of 2008 at 09:40
  • Zebra
    Beginner
    Zebra ·
    • Hide content

I think she should lay down set rules if it's that big an issue for her rather than making passive-aggressive comments.

• Rhea
    Beginner January 2008
    Rhea ·
    • Hide content

TBH I'd be looking for a new landlady ASAP. She seems to be the sort who will always think she is right, as its her house (which is fair enough) which is a pita for you. She sounds like a nightmare, some people want the lodgers (and therefore ££) but not the 'stuff' that goes with having lodgers.

• I love shoes
    Beginner July 2008
    I love shoes ·
    • Hide content

Im glad its not just me

the problem is im in a bit of a job quandry, slight possibility I wont have a job in the new year (very slight) and if I do have a job dr shoes will be getting a job up here so will be moving back in with him - so not sure if its economically worth / feasible moving

Any one have a room to rent in the Ware / Hoddesdon area, I come with a bike (so need storage) and a car and a few pairs of shoes (?), I need to be as cheap as poss (paying two sets of rent) but not with a pyscho landlady or a hovel....

Too much to ask ??

• I love shoes
    Beginner July 2008
    I love shoes ·
    • Hide content

Mostly 1 occasionally 2, Im happy to cook with her, she seems reluctant to though

• Gone With The Whinge
    Beginner July 2011
    Gone With The Whinge ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WZS. I think you ought to negotiate something concrete; it may help to clear the air a bit. She needs to realise that you need adequate time every night to cook a meal, though.

• LittleStar
    Beginner March 2009
    LittleStar ·
    • Hide content

Bit out of left field, but could you or the LL cook for all 3 of you on a couple of evenings?

But from what you've been saying about her behaviour overall, I think you need to start checking out house shares in the local paper. It sounds like she wants your money but not your presence, so you would probably be better off moving on.

• K
    Beginner May 2007
    Kegsey ·
    • Hide content

Could you suggest that all three of you need to sit down (I seem to remember that you think Mr LL is more reasonable) to discuss how it works? Would time slots be the solution?

• C
    Beginner June 2002
    cjb ·
    • Hide content

As some of the other posters have said, she wants the money of a lodger without the inconvenience of one. What she probably should have advertised for is a bloke who comes in late with a takeaway every night. What did you agree about using 'common' facilities before you moved in?

I don't think I could relax in a house with that much tension... She's probably not going to change, so I think if I were you I would probably look for somewhere else.

• W
    whitetiger ·
    • Hide content

I am another one who would probably suggest that you share the cooking and cook for eachother - seems silly to me to cook twice if you could just share the chore?

Could you maybe come up with a rota?

If I was living with someone else I would try and have the best relationship as possible with them and if I could not achieve this, would probably move out.

I haven't seen your other posts though for all I know this woman could be a super freak ?

• I love shoes
    Beginner July 2008
    I love shoes ·
    • Hide content

The only problem with us all cooking together is - they eat a lot of meat and I only eat fish and chicken - most of their meals are bolognaise, shepherds pie, steak, chilli etc from what Ive seen they eat very few vegetables (mainly potatoes) and I dont think I could eat like that

I tend to just have pasta with sauce or fish or chicken with vegetables in teh evening, lunches tend to be rice or couscous with vegetables

At the beginning they didnt say anything about not cooking or cooking at certain times

I think they said something about their previous lodger - they never saw him and he never eat in but then they said they wanted someone different to him...

Seems as you all say they want a lodger without having a lodger...

I have a feeling she will moan at me today, by the looks / sounds of it she has a day off (still in bed when I got up) and I was up early this morning (6) as I cycled in - Ive probably woken her up.. I will say tough, you wake me up at 5 every day normally so you cant have it both ways

Im considering other places but until I know whats happening with my job its going to be awkward as I might only want it for a few months...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics