Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2017

Aisle music! Is it a big no no to use the same song as a soon to be in law?!?

LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550, 31 of January of 2017 at 23:33 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone ?

Wedding music is giving me the biggest headache! It's the only thing I've found stressful so far! The thing that's giving me the headache is what to walk down the aisle to. I LOVE Ellie Goulding's cover of How Long Will I Love You, I love the meaningfulness of it and the lyrics but the problem is my soon to be sister in law used this song for when she took her journey down the aisle! Is it morally wrong to use the same song as a relative? Of course I'd ask her first to make sure she was happy for me to use it but no other song gives me the feeling of YES! I want to walk down the aisle to this song. I've searched for hours,weeks and months to find an alternative which would be Christina Perri A Thousand Years but it just doesn't give me the same feeling! What would you guys do? And is it a big no no to use the same aisle song as someone you know and who's wedding you attended?

Thanks ?

3 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 4 of February of 2017 at 15:48
  • Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I'd ask her, if she's okay then go for it. Personally I'd want something different, but if she's happy and you're happy then why not Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

I think it's less of an issue as hers has already been and gone. If you were planning your weddings at the same time I might expect some conflict. But yes, just speak to her - it's not worth falling out over.

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys!

Just had another listen to A Thousand Years though, and I mean REALLY listened. . . and I cried!! Maybe it is 'the' song for me after all?!? I'm such an indecisive person so having to make a decision is a nightmare for me! I go back and forth numerous times! I'll get there in the end! Thank you for your advice ? Think I may stick with a Thousand Years now after how emotional it just made me but at least I know if i went for How Long Will I love You I wouldn't be a bad person ?

Thanks again ?

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It's a really popular song. If her wedding has already happened then go for it! I bet half the guests won't even remember what she had.

Or you could book a string quartet and have the instrumental version.... or a sax player?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics