Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emma
Curious April 2024 South Yorkshire

Aisle song

Emma, 6 of September of 2023 at 10:10 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3

So we are having an intimate ceremony (30 guests) in a relatively small room. I paced it the last time we visited, and my "walking in" should take all of 40 seconds Smiley xd

What can I do about music? Should I choose something with a cracking intro that could be faded out? I don't think it would be right to have a full 3minute song with me just stood there.

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 6 of September of 2023 at 21:20
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    My aisle was very short and it was one the reasons I chose a piece of music rather than a song. With a song, you need one with a good intro (because that's all you will hear) or set it to start at a particular time in the song. I chose Canon in D as I'm a bit traditional and it doesn't sound unfinished if you don't listen to much.
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Our song was 2.5mins but I didn’t think of it too much, as the venue figured out when to start and send each of us down.
    It had a slight instrumental intro for 20 seconds which gave guests time to stand, then my venue paced my 2x MoH & then me in turn entering, so that we all entered at good times. I’d say we played about 1.5 mins of the track, and they faded it out as I got to the top of the aisle.

Do you have any songs you’re thinking of? Maybe you can chat them through with your venue as to what would work Smiley smile
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You could always have the song played while everyone is seated and then have them stand one minute before the song ends, giving you time to walk to the front before the song ends. If they are told in advance this is going to happen, then all the officiant has to do is signal to them when they need to stand.

We did something like this for our wedding - church wedding during Covid, when no one was allowed to sing, so we had a recording (with lyrics) of our first hymn played as our entrance music and started walking up the aisle when the last verse started.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics