Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner February 2014

Alba rose advice

Wifeytobe88, 17 of August of 2013 at 17:44 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi everyone, sorry another wedding ring thread. I've looked on Alba Rose's website and it looks like a great place to get both mine and h2b's wedding rings - I need a shaped one to fit my ER, and their palladium ones are cheaper than the jewellers in town for h2b. I'm just wondering what their procedure is? I don't live anywhere near the stores so can't visit, and I emailed them a query earlier in the week but haven't heard back. Would I need to send them my ER to make a mould? I really don't feel comfortable with that!

10 replies

Latest activity by Alba Rose, 3 of October of 2013 at 14:34
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

I haven't personally used Alba Rose but found this bit on the website....

Shaped Wedding Rings

Our service is totally unique, and costs only £25 extra to create a custom made ring, on top of our standard pricing structure.

The best bits
    • Your engagement ring is 3d scanned & returned the same day, without any payment required.
    • We email you virtual images of the 2 rings fitting together, so any alterations you want can be made before we start manufacturing.
    How does it work?
    1. Request an information pack below, and send us your ring by royal mail special delivery, guaranteed to arrive the next day.
    2. We 3D laser scan your engagement ring, and return your ring the same day.
    3. The design is then created to your liking, and design emailed to you for confirmation.
    4. Once confirmed your perfectly fitting wedding ring is manufactured within 14 days.

It sounds nice and simple and is done by special delivery and returned the same day so I can't think you'd need to worry too much ;-)

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for looking that up for me! I'm so nervy about sending my ring in the post though, special delivery tend to ask you to insure your package if it's valuable...eek. I'm such a wimp when it comes to my ring because I love it soooo much!

• Alba Rose
    Alba Rose ·
    • Hide content

Hi Wifeytobe88! We have just joined as a supplier today on Hitched so I just wanted to let you know we are here for any help or advice :-)

I am sorry to hear you didn't receive a reply to your email last month, we had some trouble with our emails not getting through to some Hotmail accounts so I am not sure if that may be the reason why.

I can completely understand your apprehension in sending in your ring to us in the post, just to let you know we receive around 100 rings a month and have never yet had a problem. The Royal Mail Special Delivery service insures up to £2500 I believe from sending from your side but I think you can purchase extra insurance if needed on top of that. We text you to let you know as soon as your ring has arrived with us in the morning and we send back to you the same day, cleaned and polished as new. Your ring always stays within our company, in our own workshops, we never use any third party companies. We send back again using Royal Mail Special Delivery so you will receive back the next morning before 1pm, and we are of course completely insured up to a high value when sending back to you.

I hope that helps!

Grace

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

I've been really pleased with Alba rose service.

Ordered mine and h2b rings online and received really quickly.

• Alba Rose
    Alba Rose ·
    • Hide content

That's great to hear thank you Mrspetal :-)

• D
    Beginner September 2014
    DavinaDM ·
    • Hide content

I've used Alba Rose for our rings-Highly recommended?

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alba Rose thanks for taking the time to answer. I've actually ordered my ring elsewhere now, but we bought my h2b's palladium ring from you! Your prices are excellent and he's really pleased with the ring.

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Mine is being made at Alba Rose HQ as we speak... Smiley laugh Smiley laugh eeeeek!

• W
    Beginner December 2013
    WontBaJonesmuchlonger ·
    • Hide content

Just got back from Alba Rose Bluewater, I'm grinning from ear to ear, saw this post and had to comment.

i had my engagement ring made at a jewellers in essex and was so disappointed with the service and the result, but it was too much effort to deal with them again we just paid for the ring and left. 4 months later the stone in my ring cracked, my gut instinct said don't go back to the jewellers so we went to suss out alba rose. They sent off my ring to see if anything could be done, before any work was done the guy rung me and spoke through my options. We've had a shiny diamond put in and my original stone made into a pendent.

We went to pick them up today and both me and my fiancé are over the moon with the results. We've just ordered our wedding rings for our December wedding, I couldn't recommend them enough with how patient they were and friendly and the end result is amazing!

• Alba Rose
    Alba Rose ·
    • Hide content

Hi WontBaJonesmuchlonger! I am so glad to hear you were happy with the service and that we could help with your engagement ring. Thank you for choosing Alba Rose and we wish you the best of luck for your wedding in December :-)

• Alba Rose
    Alba Rose ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your recommendation fayebeebaby1982! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics