Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner May 2022 East London

Alcohol

Kay, 29 of November of 2021 at 17:45 Posted on Planning 1 15
Hello, just wondering how much of each of the below I need for 200 people?

Jack DanielRed WineWhite WineRosePink GinProseccoNormal GinVodkaBeers
Thank you.

15 replies

Latest activity by David, 25 of January of 2022 at 11:15
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Depends on how you plan to serve. Normally a glass of fizz per person on arrival and one for toasts, so half a bottle per person. For wine with meal, 2 glasses per person so half a bottle each.

What are you planning the vodka and other spirits for? Is a hard one to judge as all depends on your guests taste. Are you doing a DIY bar?
  • K
    Kay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it’s a DIY bar for the reception. So thinking to have the popular spirits. X
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes sense but honestly don't know how much you would need. Maybe speak to an off license and see if you can get sale or return on spirits as long as unopened, they used to it years ago but don't know nowadays if its a thing
  • K
    Kay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much. I’ll definitely try that xx
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Beer wise I would say about 3 wheelbarrows full should do it Smiley xd But I think that you could do away with the Rose wine option without anyone complaining.

Alcohol 1

• K
    Kay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. That’s helpful. I’m not much of a drinker so it’s difficult.
  • Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Kay, I have seen some online calculator that could be helpful. I think you can split in to beer, wine and spirits and put in how many people and how long the event is.
  • Roxy
    Curious June 2022 Devon
    Roxy ·
    • Hide content

We're doing all our own alcohol too! It's so difficult isn't it. We have 110 people and we're going for approximately: 30 bottles of red and white, 750 bottles of beer, 10 litres of gin/vodka (this might increase) with a few random bottles of rum. Maybe a keg of ale and 100 or so ciders...

Oh and I also want to make two large pitchers of cocktails/pimms for everyones welcome drinks with an option of Prosecco so we have 24 bottles of Prosecco.

I'd rather have too much than not enough!

• K
    Kay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. That’s really helpful. Yes I rather have lots left over than run out on the day.

We’re thinking of Pimms and Prosecco after the ceremony too Smiley smile
    Is that 30 bottles of both red and white or of each? Also, 10 litres of both gin and vodka or both? Do you think pink gin and normal gin as I find a lot of the girls like a pink gin these days.
  • K
    Kay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Smiley smile I’ll have a look x
  • Roxy
    Curious June 2022 Devon
    Roxy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

30 each of red and white. We're not having a formal three course meal, it's just a buffet so i'm not actually sure how much wine will be drunk. 10 litres of each vodka and gin. I think we'll end with more though. I think pink gin is a good idea, i'm pretty sure all my female friends will opt for that. I might get a few random other flavours too and set up a little gin bar.

If you order wine etc. from majestic wines you can return unopened and I think you get free glass hire. We're still not sure what we're doing about glasses!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Its a shame that you are not much of a drinker otherwise I would of said that the booze wont go off so whatever is not drank on the day you could work your way through it yourself. Smiley tongue

The budwiser type beers in the bottles are in creates of 24 so you don't have to but it all out in one go. Also a good time to buy them is now as they are usually on offer for Christmas, or when there is a football tournament on but check the use by dates. In some past weddings the groom has been a real ale drinker and so has got a couple of kegs on tap.

• K
    Kay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I am keeping an eye out for offers. Missed out on the recent ones as I’m still deciding quantities. Hopefully more offers to come. Thank you Smiley smile
  • K
    Kay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t know about Majestic wines. Thanks so much. Just gave them a call and said I can return 25% of my order.
    Thank you. Gives me an idea of quantity.
    Wish I could help with your glass situation. Our caterer is proving ours. X
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Try Sainsburys for glass hire, they do it where I live, or maybe google glass hire near me, a lot of supermarkets do it these days

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics