Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2015

Alcohol free wedding favour ideas please.

celticcurl, 2 of September of 2014 at 15:17 Posted on Planning 0 6

We have decided to do favours - most of these will be alcohol miniatures - we are making limoncello, strawberry vodka, blackberry vodka etc and have found mini bottles at a really good price.

But there are a number of adults that don't drink alcohol for medical reasons and we will also have about 15 kids aged 4ish to 15. So I need ideas for favours for these guests. they can either be something that I can put in the mini bottles or I have also found some mini jars so could use those. All ideas gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

6 replies

Latest activity by alabastamasta, 4 of September of 2014 at 12:01
  • M
    Beginner April 2015
    Mrs-S-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Hey.

I'm thinking of doing a similar thing. At the moment we'll be doing homemade chocolates in a little cellophane bag, but I considered macarons. Otherwise pinterest has lots of things - fudge, cookies etc.

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

What about cloudy lemonaide or fruit punch? You could do pink lemonaide if that fits with your colour theam?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Some kind of gorgeous liquid chocolate type concoction!?

ETA: Actually - you could simply use something like galaxy milk or mars milk for this, but I don't know if refrigeration would be an issue!? Thinking more along the lines of 'shots' for kids.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Hi, sorry I should have said we are having a chocolate buffet (instead of a sweetie buffet) in the evening so I don't want the favours to be chocolate. Please keep the ideas coming though.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Just bumping in the hope of getting more ideas. thanks

• RogueSnowflake
    Beginner July 2015
    RogueSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

You had me at 'chocolate buffet'... I am actually salivating.

I LOVE favours, (especially homemade ones) and I was thinking about making some flavoured gin for mine. Can I ask where you are getting your little bottles? I like the look of these:

https://www.miniatureglassbottles.co.uk/b1.html

Anyway, I have the same scenario where I will have children and about 5 or 6 adults that do not drink. I had thought about filling the bottles with those millions sweets for the kiddies, but didn't want the adult gifts to be childish just because they are non-drinkers. I don't think there is anything you could put in a bottle really that isn't booze, or going to look like booze. Even some traditional lemonades have alcohol in because they ferment!

So I am going to second homemade fudge. You could make or buy it.

If you have little jars I think homemade preserves is a good way to go. I love homemade jam and it is pretty easy to make. Definitely stick to sweets for the kids, even the teens.

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

Little jars of homemade jam? chutney? chocolate spread? bottles of M&Ms or similar for the little ones?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics