Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2016

Alive network for bands - anyone used them?

Little_MrsA2B, 30 of July of 2015 at 13:28 Posted on Planning 0 2

As title really. We just booked through them yesterday afternoon but reading through the contract now and it's awful! Totally contradictory and could put you on the hook for an awful lot more money than you realise.

Has anyone had any experience of dealing with these people?

2 replies

Latest activity by Kittylove, 30 of July of 2015 at 22:05
  • Kittylove
    Beginner August 2015
    Kittylove ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is in 10 days and I have booked a band through Alive Network. I didn't notice anything terrible in the contract though, so either I didn't read it properly, they've changed it, or different bands have different clauses. What clauses in particular are you worried about?

So far my experience has been pretty good, the guy at Alive kept in touch and answered all my questions, then a month before the wedding I got the contact details of the band and now talk with them directly to organised play lists etc.

obviously I went know for sure how it works out until 11 days time but I am hopeful.

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your reply and congratulations for 10 days time!

I've written a page of queries with regard to their contract. There are no definitions as to what covers 'illness' for eg. They need to stipulate if they're saying it's a force majeure. There were quite a few things in there that I wouldn't agree to, eg, you are liable to all the bands expenses... Without saying what they are, proving an estimate or having to give receipts later.

They need some new lawyers! Maybe I'm just in the wrong job to be going through contracts!!

• Kittylove
    Beginner August 2015
    Kittylove ·
    • Hide content

My contract states that "the total cost is inclusive of VAT and all reasonable expenses", as total cost is quoted in the contract I take that to mean there will be no extra charges to cover expenses as under those terms they would not be reasonable.

i wouldn't expect your illness to be included as force majeure. Generally this relates to war, natural disasters etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics