Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sweeties
Beginner November 2016

All done and dusted

Sweeties, 22 of November of 2016 at 20:08 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all the help you guys provided.

We were married on 5th November and it was a wonderful day.

We actually met around 2001, but we didn't start dating for around another 2-3 years. We've been living in sin since 2004.

The OH proposed to me in 2013, on my Birthday, while on holiday in Lanzarote.

Sorry if the images are huge!

At this point, I've had my hair and face done! My bridesmaid was all ready.

Walking down the isle with my Daddy, pooping ourselves! in case we tripped up!

Starting to feel a bit less nervous

Oh thank god that's all over... clearly on our faces!!

I just loved my dress

Cake number one... we couldn't remember what was in this cake... hence us laughing

Sweetie table, cupcakes and cake number two

Can't wait to see our 'proper' photos. Photographer contacted me today, to say he'll bring them round hopefully this week.

Everyone had a good day.

Afternoon tea went down really well, there was so much food! most of the full day guests were still full, and didn't have the hot evening buffet. But the people that did, said it was really good. Lots of hot carved meat, bacon buttys and obviously a veggie option too!

We even lasted until gone 1 in the morning, which is practically unheard of for us... we played lots of 80's cheesy wedding music.. well lets face it, if it doesn't have directions on how to dance I'd be lost!

Then 6 days later we went on our honeymoon, back to Lanzarote.

Had a fantastic 10 days, and not a drop of rain! We go every November, and this had to be one of the hottest we'd had in a while.

The Saturday after our Wedding, we went to a very nice restaurant in Puerto Del Carmen, and they really spoilt us, provided a bottle of Moet-Chardonnay on the house. Really sweet of them.

Now back to the real world, and back to work tomorrow.

11 replies

Latest activity by Chapples, 28 of November of 2016 at 10:21
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I have so much to say about this recap!

Firstly - congratulations!! You look gorgeous!

Your Dad's face is hilarious - that's an amazing photo lol

Jealous of your 2 cakes!! Why 2? Smiley smile

Your day looks like it was a lot of fun - hopefully you'll love your professional photos as much as these Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Looks a really wonderful fun day. Really look forward to seeing more pics. I love the one of you and dad too! X

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Looks like a fantastic day and you both look so happy! Glad to hear you had a great time Smiley smile

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, you look gorgeous!! I love that you had two cakes! (Wish I had thought of that!) and your bouquet is so pretty - bet it smelt amazing as well!

Come back and flash us some more pics when you get them Smiley smile xx

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! You looking beautiful! Love that you have two cakes! It all looks lovely

• Firefly0410
    Beginner October 2018
    Firefly0410 ·
    • Hide content

I love seeing wedding photos! You looked beautiful

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Lovely pictures, and you look stunning.

I have to agree with PP's, your dad's face is a fantastic photo. Also love the cake shot.

Congratulations Smiley laugh

• Sweeties
    Beginner November 2016
    Sweeties ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all the lovely comments. I love that pic of my Dad, he was super nervous too.

We have two cakes, because I wanted a stack of books, plus a traditional looking cutting cake... and also because CAKE! Lol

We didn't have a dessert table, but had sweets, cupcakes, iced cookies and the cakes. White choc, milk choc, Victoria sponge and lemon... oh and cupcakes were vanilla, choc and caramel... Sooo good.

• Sweeties
    Beginner November 2016
    Sweeties ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all the lovely comments. I love that pic of my Dad, he was super nervous too.

We have two cakes, because I wanted a stack of books, plus a traditional looking cutting cake... and also because CAKE! Lol

We didn't have a dessert table, but had sweets, cupcakes, iced cookies and the cakes. White choc, milk choc, Victoria sponge and lemon... oh and cupcakes were vanilla, choc and caramel... Sooo good.

• K
    Beginner August 2017
    katiepoppycat ·
    • Hide content

LOVE the picture of you laughing as you cut that cake - it's lovely! Your book cake is lovely too. Did you pick titles that were important to you?

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, you look beautiful. I love your bouquet xx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Love all your photos! Congratulations, you looked fab! Hope going back to work hasn't been too painful.

Glad you had an amazing honeymoon too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics