Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner September 2016

All done! Our rainy central London wedding - Long!

donkey86, 28 of October of 2016 at 12:56 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi all!

I've not been on here much since the wedding as I've had to wean myself off - I got a bit obsessed in the last couple of months beforehand! But now wev'e had our professional photos back I just had to share some with you all.

Fellow September brides may remember I was rather concerned that it would rain all day. And... it did. Pretty much all day. It started around 11am and didn't stop until the evening. But it didn't really spoil our day at all. It meant that we couldn't get all the outside group shots we wanted, but we still got pictures of everyone, and in lots of them you can't even tell it was raining.

So here goes - this might be long! All the photos are by Jeff Oliver, who I thoroughly recommend.

I had quite a relaxed start to the day, as I was getting ready at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, which is right over the road from Camden Town Hall, so I didn't need to leave until after 1pm, giving all morning to prepare - it still went quickly though! At around 10.30 my hairdresser, Angela from RKW Hair (she was great) arrived, with my bridesmaids following soon after.

Before I knew it time had flown, the bridesmaids were ready and it was time to get into my dress. The hotel room was pretty full by this point (my Mum, two bridesmaids, two other friends, my bother, two photographers, Angela...) and I didn't want them all to see me change, so I sent them all out into the corridor and managed to squeeze into my dress by myself.

There was time for a few photos in the hotel room before leaving for the main shoot - the stairs!

With my mum:

I felt a little rushed leaving the hotel room as Jeff was keen to maximise the time spent on the stairs - but I could see why. The hotel stairs are a gorgeous backdrop!

If you think you recognise the stairs, it might be because they're where the Spice Girls' Wannabe video was filmed. So of course we had to do a silly pose!

Then it was time to brave the rain and head over to the Town Hall. I was very grateful that we didn't have to go far.

Inside, my now-husband (whoo!) was getting pretty nervous waiting. I found out later that a lot of guests had got stuck in traffic. Some arrived just before I did, and some actually arrived mid-ceremony - but I didn't hear them come in and had no idea until they apologised afterwards.

When I was approaching the ceremony room, I head the music start. This was a problem as I'd picked a very short piece, and it was already half way through! The registrar told me to go in anyway, but I had a little bridezilla moment and made them start again from the beginning, then I made my entrance. That's why everybody's laughing when I entered the room.

The ceremony was quite short, but very sweet. Both our Mums did readings. At one point the registrar got my name wrong - luckily we found it funny!

We got quite emotional near the end:

After the ceremony we had a bus to take us to the reception. It was good to be able to sit down and chat to people.

Then came the only part of the day that was really affected by the weather. We'd planned to have some photos and milling-about-time in the gardens near Westminster Pier where we were to board our reception boat. Unfortunately, this was the part of the day when it rained most, and there was no shelter. We just took a few group shots then headed straight to the pier.

We got a fair few looks from tourists when heading to the boat!

It was quite a relief when the boat pulled up and we were able to board. We started with an hour's drinks reception. Most of our guests stayed inside, while we braved the rain on deck for some more photos.

Then it was time to head inside for dinner.

And speeches:

Then cutting our rather delicious Anges de Sucre cake:

After the cake cutting we had our first dance, to The Inkspots' "I don't want to set the world on fire"

After the first dance the boat docked at Tower Pier, where some of our guests with small children got off. Jeff left then too. There was just time for one last photo:

Then we got back on board, set sail again, and partied the night away with our remaining guests.

Wow! I knew it would be long, but that was even longer than planned. Thanks for sticking with me - I hope you've enjoyed seeing our day!

If any of this inspires you, our main suppliers were:

Photos: www.jeffoliver.co.uk
Hair: www.rkwhair.co.uk
Cake: www.angesdesucre.com
Boat: www.thameslucurycharters.co.uk

13 replies

Latest activity by NathalieSB, 2 of November of 2016 at 10:04
  • Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I had tears in my eyes reading this, I love the photo of you and your husband on the deck on the boat. Your veil looks amazing. Congratulations and I wish you all the very best for your future as a married couple xx

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Your wedding looks amazing as do you!

The photos are amazing especially the ones of you on the stairs and the one with hubby on the boat deck! You look incredibly happy!

I bet having the reception on the boat was amazing!

Congratulations!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Wow wow wow Smiley heart

What a fantastic looking day Smiley heart

You looked so beautiful! I love the photo with your mum - you have the same smile Smiley smile

xxx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Amazing! I always think when it comes to wedding reports, the longer the better!

You looked so beautiful, your veil is immense! I've always quite fancied the idea of a London wedding - everything looked fab. I want to see more!

• D
    Beginner September 2016
    donkey86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! It really was the happiest day. So many smiles Smiley smile

• D
    Beginner September 2016
    donkey86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

More, you say? Well, the photographer gave us over 600, so that could be arranged... Smiley laugh I think he'll have a blog up on his site in a while, so maybe I'll link to that too!

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I love the long reports too, they are my favourite. What a fabulous day you had and you've got some gorgeous photos. Congratulations to you both!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Another fan of a good long report here! Looks like an amazing day and you look absolutely stunning! Congratulations!

• Sweeties
    Beginner November 2016
    Sweeties ·
    • Hide content

Oh you looked absolutely lovely. The pictures of you on the stairs are stunning.

Such lovely pictures of the day.

Congratulations

• G
    Beginner April 2017
    Gemma220 ·
    • Hide content

Wow your day looks amazing, as did you!

The photo on the boat deck, your veil - just stunning!

i also love the colour of your bridesmaid dresses, where are they from if you don't mind me asking?

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, what a lovely report! You look so happy in every photo, and that one of the veil is stunning Smiley smile

• D
    Beginner September 2016
    donkey86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! The bridesmaid dresses are these, from House of Fraser http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Biba+Deep+V+full+skirted+maxi+dress/178120867,default,pd.html They were a bit more than I was planning on spending, but they were really good quality.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

So glad that you braved the deck in the rain - that photo with the veil is absolutely brilliant!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics