Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner April 2022 Gloucestershire

All of my bridesmaids will have newborns

Hlpw, 2 of June of 2021 at 09:39 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 1
When I get married my 3 bridesmaids will all have newborns - 4 months, 3 months and 2 months max! I’m obviously over the moon for them all, but I’m also (selfishly) worried how this will affect the day and how I will feel on the day. The 3 bfs are best man and ushers to my fiancé so they won’t be able to take charge of baby duties.

I have absolutely no issue with the babies being at the wedding but what I think will upset me is when they can’t get ready with me or when we can’t get a photo together because they’re feeding/ changing/ burping/ generally looking after their babies and not being able to celebrate with them in the evening.
I’m also concerned about their concern on the day - I know one of them in particular will feel added pressure to be a super bridesmaid as they will all have newborns, but I don’t want any of them to feel like that. I was debating sitting them all down and saying that I’m not going to have any bridesmaids as I don’t want them to feel any pressure and would rather them be there as guests and feel free to dip out as and when they need to. I’m also very conscious that I don’t want to hurt their feelings, but I want to manage everyone’s expectations (including my own).
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

1 replies

Latest activity by Faruk, 28 of December of 2021 at 18:21
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’s lovely that your thinking of their feelings on your day ❤️
    I’m sure if you sat down and said what you’ve told us they would understand. I’m sure they are having the same feelings and feel like they might let you down etc.
    In regards to getting ready together, with them being so little the babies could potentially be napping and the mums would probably quite like to get ready all together as it’s extra pairs of hands. So if baby starts crying whilst doing her mascara for example, she knows there is someone to pick up baby.
    If you’ve got room/space in your numbers, could you potentially ask a grandparent or relative of the bridesmaids along to the wedding as an extra pair of hands? Even if it’s just for the ceremony/photos so they can hold baby.
    It’s not quite the same situation but at my wedding we’ll have my 6 month old baby (great timing 🙊🤣) and I know I’ve got my parents there to help hold/soothe etc whilst we have photos and that. Whilst we’re getting ready my cousin is coming to the room to help with the baby then has been put on baby duty during ceremony. My sisters wedding, 3 of the bridesmaids had babies and everyone at the wedding chipped in helping so they could do ‘bridesmaid duties’.
    Also some places offer a ‘babysitting’ service for the evening so they could dance and enjoy the evening knowing that the babies are being looked after.
    I’m sure whatever you decide, your bridesmaids will understand. ❤️❤️❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics