Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hollie
Beginner January 2024 East Riding of Yorkshire

Allergies with a set menu?

Hollie, 1 of October of 2023 at 22:12 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hey guys,

So the time is coming soon where I have to let my venue know the numbers and who is eating what. I have a small number of guests with allergies. One of these is seafood and we aren't serving any of that at the wedding so that is fine but I have a few lactose intolerant guests and other things.

Now, they have all chosen their option and I have to let my venue know. What do they do about allergies? Do they just do the meal without those ingredients?

For example, our roast beef option has mashed potato - can I ask for them to just not add any cream/dairy?

I stupidly gave all the options out and stuff and asked about allergies before realising that sometimes venues need them to choose a different meal and I don't want to go back to these people and be like 'sorry, you can't have this'.

Does anybody have any experience of this? What do they do about it? Smiley smile

Thanks as always. Almost 3 months to go!

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 2 of October of 2023 at 09:05
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You need to talk direct to the caterers to find out what they are able to do. Sometimes, it is possible to provide a substitute (e.g. lactose-free) while other times they will have to leave out a sauce or garnish or even provide a totally different meal.

To be honest, if your guests' allergies are severe, they'll probably want to check with the caterer themselves or else just skip anything that might be suspect. I've had too many bad experiences with wedding caterers in the past to trust any of them now, so I just graze on the bits of food I know will be safe for me, and usually tuck a snack in my bag in case I get hungry!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics