Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2016

Almonry vs Upwaltham Barn

annagamblen17, 27 of August of 2014 at 22:30 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with my venue dilemma! I am from Surrey, looking for a barn to get married in in July 2016. I have scoured barns up and down the country and have got it down to two, Almonry barn and Upwaltham barns. I am finding it really hard to choose! Almonry is beautiful and everything we want but is far and they are new to wedding world, it concerns me that they weren't to interested in us. I have also read a bad review! Upwaltham is close and the owners are amazing but it doesn't give me that spark! They are both similar in cost so that doesn't help me!

Can anyone help me make my final decision?! Thank you!!

2 replies

Latest activity by annagamblen17, 28 of August of 2014 at 10:14
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hello, big barn shooter here.

I've covered Upwaltham Barns many times now and they are one of the few places where they really, genuinely treat you as an individual. Their wedding fair is AMAZING and Nicola, along with the rest there really have your best interests at heart.

It's a busy venue for a reason. If you go to my site the galleries are categorized by venue type. There's a few from Upwaltham Barn on there.

The Almonry looks nice but I've never heard of it. I know most Barns in this area so they must be fairly new.

Go with your gut.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I have lost count of the weddings I have photographed over the years at Upwaltham, its only 5 minutes from me?, it really is a well established wedding venue but as an alternative have you looked at Southend Barns in Chichester, they started doing weddings about 3 years ago and is very popular, they are doing over 150 weddings a year at the barns now.

https://www.bruceneville.co.uk/southend-barns-wedding-photographer/

• A
    Beginner July 2016
    annagamblen17 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys - I appreciate your help!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics